Rinney - Falling

part 3 to 'Rinney - 'First Encounter'
tw: child abuse
———

Finn sat with his three friends at their lunch table. Yes, three. Robin sat there now as well. Finn placed his elbows on the table, sitting his head on his hands as he listened in to the conversation the other three boys were having.

"I can't believe you've never played Halo dude! That's a classic!" Vance threw his hands in the air, disbelief evident in his face and tone as Robin told him that he'd never played the game. Bruce looked at Finn, then to Robin who had an amused smile on his face, then back at Finn. Finn looked at him as well, rolling his eyes as he realized what Bruce was insinuating. "He's not my boyfriend!" Finn mouthed the words, glaring at his friend who sat in front of him with a warm smile. Bruce shrugged his shoulders, continuing with eating his lunch in front of him. Vance and Robin continued talking about various video games, eventually settling on Robin coming over to the other boy's house to catch up on the ones he's been missing out on. Finn smiled at his friends, glad a new one has been added to the group.
———
After school, Vance walked Finn home. The two boys waved to Robin and Bruce, Finn hugging both of them and telling them sternly to 'be careful' on their way home. Both boys agreed on being careful, hugging Finn back just as tightly as he'd had hugged them.

"So Finney, how are things with you and Robin?" Vance looked down at his friend, smiling softly as the boy blushed. "It's going fine I guess. As fine as things with friends go." Vance rolled his eyes at that, bumping Finn gently on the shoulder. "Are you going to tell him how you feel anytime soon? I mean, there's not a rush at all. Just wanted to ask." Finn looked up at the other boy, shaking his head side to side. Vance shrugged. "Okay. Well, how are things at home?" Finn looked down at his shoes, glancing at the ants that traveled to different cracks in the sidewalk. "Fine." Vance stopped walking, grabbing hold of Finn's shoulder gently and turning him so they were face to face. "Finney. You know you can talk to me about this. I understand." Finn nodded his head, sniffling lightly as he glanced downwards once again. "No, yeah I know that. It's been alright though. You know I'd call if anything were to, y'know." Vance nodded his head, ruffling his friend's hair softly. "Good. That's good." Finn wiped at his eyes before he looked up at Vance again, this time smiling.
————
Finn had gotten dropped off at his house and was now laying in his bed on his back. He stared up at his ceiling, mentally connecting the numerous dots that covered the space. He flinched when he heard a bottle crash into a wall, followed soon after by a feminine scream. He wasted no time in getting up and running to the source of the noise, eyes widening in fear when he saw what was happening.

"I said I'm sorry! Please!" Gwen was screaming, tears coating her red face. Terrance Blake, the two teenagers' father, held a belt in his hand. He was screaming as well, something about the girl not keeping her room clean enough. Gwen screamed again as the belt lashed against her backside, falling onto the floor as her legs finally gave out underneath her.

"Dad! Fucking stop already!" Finn hadn't realized he too was crying, or that his voice was wavering from fear and anger. His father stopped beating his sister and turned towards him. "What did you just say to me?" Finn gave his sister a look. She immediately got up, still shaking and limping, and made her way to her room, closing and locking her door when she was fully inside. Finn then looked at his father, anger disappearing from his eyes as fear quickly enveloped his whole body. Terrance laughed at the look, grabbing a nearby alcoholic beverage and taking a swig of it. As soon as the beverage was removed from his lips, he chucked it at his son, smiling proudly when it shattered against the wall and clipped the boy's skin. Finn screamed out in pain, grabbing at his head which leaked a crimson substance. Terrance rolled his eyes, wobbling over to the boy with a frown and slapping him hard on the cheek. "Think twice before you say something out of hand to me again son." Finn's eyes started to feel heavy, eventually closing much to the boy's dismay. His body hit the cold kitchen tile floor with a thud, the room around him growing dark and silent as his eyes fully closed.
———
When Finn woke up, not only did his head ache horribly, but he also couldn't open his eyes. Not fully at least.