Brance - Happy Anniversary

Bruce was jealous. Jealous of a goddamn pinball machine. Today was his and Vance's 1 year anniversary and what was the other boy doing? Fawning over a pinball machine.
——

Bruce realized that Vance wasn't going to be done with playing pinball anytime soon. The couple had come the arcade only 2 hours ago, yet the blonde couldn't tear his eyes away from his beloved machine for more than a second.

Bruce sighed, running a hand over his face slowly and shooting a glare to his boyfriend. Bruce groaned when he saw that Vance's back was turned towards him.

Is this really how they're going to spend their 1 year?

Bruce pulled himself off of the seat he was sulking in and made his way over to Vance. The blonde had his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, a finger clicking the button of the machine ever so slightly.

"Vance. Can we go?"

Vance didn't look at Bruce. His eyes stayed on the miniature ball inside of the glass box.

"Why? What's wrong?"

Vance still wasn't looking at Bruce.

Bruce sighed, not wanting to have to explain what was wrong. He went back to the seat he was previously at and slumped down in it.

Maybe he should text his friends.
_

your favorite group of gays 😘🤬

12:30 pm

yourarmisminty: hey guys :(

wannabefatherless: hi bruce! what's wrong?

babygymnast: stfu i'm trying to sleep 🤬

newspaperguy: go to sleep then 😘 also hi bruce!

bandanaboy: hi bruce! hi finn 😇

yourarmisminty: it's me and vance's 1 year and hes ignoring me for the pinball machine. :(

bandanaboy: u want me to come kill him? 😈

babygymnast: can i join 😐

newspaperguy: didnt u say u were sleeping 😕 and i'm sorry bruce do u wanna come hangout with us?

wannabefatherless: that's actually a good idea billy. we should hangout at the park!

newspaperguy: i always have good ideas 😘
_

The group decided to meet at the park in 30 minutes, Vance would stay here with his beloved pinball machine.

Vance didn't even notice Bruce leave the small arcade. Not even when he softly rubbed his shoulder, placed a kiss on his cheek, and said goodbye.
_

Bruce walked down the sidewalk, his short hair blowing softly in the wind. It was warm outside, not too warm, and Bruce enjoyed it. The sun kissed his face and Bruce smiled.

A loud laugh came from the area in front of him. Bruce immediately recognized the voice. It belonged to none other than Griffin Stagg.

Bruce jogged the rest of the way to park, stopping abruptly when he almost collided with Finn.

"BRUCE!" Finn screamed, tackling the other boy in an enormous bear hug. Bruce laughed and wrapped his arms tightly around his best friend.

"Hello Finney Blake."

Finn smiled brightly at Bruce and picked himself up off the floor. Bruce mimicked the other boy, standing up slowly. Looking behind Finn, he spotted Billy and Robin having a water balloon fight and Griffin watching the two, shrieking when stray water would hit his clothes.

Bruce smiled at the four boys. Even though his boyfriend wasn't here, on their 1 year anniversary, Bruce was still going to have fun with his friends.
_

The sun was starting to set, orange and yellow hues blanketed the sky. Shadows stretched across the grass of the park, making the place seem a bit creepy. The group had worn themselves out with water balloon fights, a game of tag, and wrestling. Vance was still no where to be seen. He hadn't even sent Bruce a notification.

The group started to say their goodbyes a short while later. Bruce and Finn walked home together, Finn getting dropped off first. He hugged Bruce tightly, which Bruce returned instantly, before walking in to his home.

The night had started to set in quite quickly, the earth becoming dark and dimly lit with street lights and random cars. A gust of wind blew against Bruce and he shivered. He was almost home. The boy smiled in relief when he spotted his home only a few feet away. The relief quickly disappeared when he saw his house lights on but no car outside. Amy wasn't home tonight, having slept over a friend's, so who was in his house? Bruce hesitantly stepped on his porch and up to his door. It was unlocked and slightly cracked open. Bruce felt his arms become covered in goosebumps.

He pushed the door open slowly, shutting it behind him and locking it afterwards.

"Hello?"

A creaking noise was heard in the room next to him. Bruce shivered. When the creaking noise ceased, Bruce cautiously entered the room where the noise was heard. As soon as Bruce fully was in the room, he gasped.

There stood Vance, a big grin on his beautiful face. The room was brightly lit with red candles and food was laid out on the table. Bruce thought that it was beautiful. His eyes grew warm with happy tears and a massive smile became plastered on his face.

"Thought I forgot about our special day? No. I just needed time to myself to plan all of this."

Vance laughed softly. Bruce only smiled bigger.

"Happy 1 year anniversary to my favorite boy in the galaxy."

Bruce's happy tears fell down his face. Vance kissed them away.

"Happy Anniversary Vance."