a cozy california thanksgiving

*Will, RJ and their whole family celebrate Thanksgiving together! Thank you so much BrianBadgerMay for helping me write this! Enjoy! Love • Bree 🤎🦃

Today is Thanksgiving! This year, Will and RJ are hosting Thanksgiving at their home instead of flying to Florida like they usually do.

Will and RJ had a few reasons for hosting Thanksgiving at their home instead of traveling across the country.

One reason is cold and flu season has been horrendous. There are lots of cold and flu cases all over the United States, as well as covid and RSV. Luca was born a few weeks premature so he can get sick easily. Will and RJ also didn't want for the twins to get sick by traveling since they can't get any of the shots just yet.

The second reason is that Will and RJ weren't ready to travel with eight young children, especially two six month olds who haven't traveled anywhere.

Will and RJ's Thanksgiving guest list is going to be smaller than usual, due to not everyone being able to travel. 

On Will's side of the family, Will's mom and stepdad Karen and Hank, Will's older brother Logan, Will's aunt Misty and Will's stepsiblings Erin and Jacob are coming from Florida.

On RJ's side of the family, RJ's parents Martha and Ricardo, RJ's little brother Ryan and sister-in-law Brandi!

Will and RJ are also inviting Benji's maternal grandmother Delores, maternal grandfather Jorge, great grandma Luciana, Benji's paternal grandmother Whitney and paternal aunt Meghan!

Right now, Will and RJ are getting everything cooked and ready for everyone's arrival. The turkey is still in the oven while Will is making the sides. RJ is upstairs finally getting dressed and ready.

"Daddy! Teddy won't share!" Harlow yells as she walks over to Will, stomping her feet a little.

"What's he not sharing, baby?" Will says as he rubs Harlow's head before fixing her little ponytail.

"The doll house! He's using it as a race track which is not how you use it!" Harlow says with some sass.

"Theodore!" Will yells for Theodore.

"Yes, Daddy!" Theodore says as he runs over holding a car in his hand.

"You need to share the doll house, okay? You have been playing with it for a while. How about you use the HotWheel track Papi made so Harlow can have a turn." Will says to Theodore.

Theodore frowned but thought about it for a moment.

"Sorry, Harlow." Theodore apologizes, and compromises with Harlow.

"I wanna play cars, but I can play dolls too." Theodore says to Harlow and Will.

"Okay, we can do dat." Harlow agrees and the two of them go play with the dollhouse.

"Wanna pway HotWheels." Luca says as Theodore gives him a car.

"Yes, buddy, you can play with the HotWheels track Papi set up." Will tells Luca.

RJ returns downstairs, fully dressed and l holding Arya and Oliver in each arm.

"And these cuties are ready, too!" RJ says with a cheeky grin.

"¡Que hermosa! Y muy guapo." (How beautiful! And very handsome.) Will says about the twins happily, taking Oliver into his arms.

"Dad, Papi, how do I look?" Benji asks as he walks in.