Chapter 1

Sade's POV:

"Sade! Come on, before you be late now!" My mom called to me from the kitchen downstairs.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I yelled back down to her. "God, why is she always rushing me?" I mumbled under my breath, and rolled my eyes while heading for my bedroom door.

Today is the first day of school, but it's my last one seeing as I'm a senior this year. In all honesty, the feeling is bittersweet. Don't get me wrong I hate that place with a passion, but it's been my norm for four years now. I don't know what the future holds for me for sure. Of course I can hope and pray things work out in my favor, but no one truly knows what life has in store for them for real.

"Alright let's do this shit," I sighed, taking a final look in the mirror beside the door before leaving my house.

I decided to wear a long black, fitted, high-waisted skirt that showed off my shape a little. I paired that with a graphic tee that I scrunched up and tied into a knot on the side of my waist. My hair is in distressed locs right now so I just wore it down and I put on light makeup with my natural falsies. I completed the outfit with some red dunks that matched the red in my shirt and I wore gold jewelry.

Pulling out of the driveway, I connected my phone to the bluetooth in my car with one hand, handling the steering wheel with the other. Scrolling through Spotify, I clicked on my playlist, then "Like a Tattoo" by Sade began to play. I sang along, sipping my coffee from my personal cup as I drove peacefully on the way to school. The weather was very calm today, which I rather enjoyed. I hate bad weather so much it's not even funny. It legit makes me not even want to leave my house, so I was very pleased to see the sun shining bright at 8am and hear the birds chirping as it rose.

My car rolled, in no rush, into the school parking lot and I was already fed up with this day. I'm so ready to be done with this place, like seriously.

Taking deep breaths before opening the door, I stepped out of the car and grabbed my backpack from the backseat. Putting it on, I then reached back in the front seat to grab my coffee cup. The walk from my car to the front doors isn't a long one, which I was grateful for because this outfit isn't one for lengthy walks. Entering the building, I could already smell the depression and misery.

"Lord help me," I sighed, lowering my head and walked up the stairs to my class.

First period was AP Biology, which I was very happy about because I'd have been pissed if it was math or English. It meant I'd have to come to first block everyday or I'd be behind.

No one in particular stuck out to me in there so I just kept my AirPods in and drifted off into space as the teacher blabbed about his life and what to expect in his class. I've had him before , so I didn't miss anything I hadn't heard before. Second period was AP Calc, and I decided to take me a cool little nap in there. Honestly it wasn't even my fault the classroom just screamed 'come in and go to sleep' if you ask me. Third block was my homeroom and skinny period, which means it's shorter than the rest of my classes. I'm so glad I have this class with both Kingston and Aria. Maybe this year won't be a pain in the ass after all.

"Ooo girl look at youu!" Kingston said to me with sass in his voice as he and Aria walked over to me.

"Yess honey, she's serving," Aria said, sounding a little proper. It made me chuckle because it's adorable coming from her.

"Nah look at y'all, who y'all tryna impress?" I asked them, raising my eyebrows with a smirk across my face.

"Girl nobody, but if I'm gonna be forced to be here 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, you damn skippy I'm putting on some fits," Kingston said, hugging me.