Chapter 3

~ That Friday ~

Lauren's POV:

Today was the day I got to go hang with Sade and her friends. Social events aren't really my thing; anxiety and all. Hunter texted me this morning letting me know something came up, which made it no better.

For my outfit, I decided to go with some mid rise thrifted vintage jeans that hugged my body just right, and flared just a little at the bottom. I paired it with a graphic baby tank that stopped just above my belly ring. It's the middle of August, so sleeves weren't necessary especially since I was going to be outside. But I'd bring a hoodie just in case.

I left my house around nine, even though school started at 7:30, but oh well, blame it on senioritis.

It's a 'Starbucks for breakfast' kind of day because I'm already late so what the hell. I knew it'd be cold in the building so I threw on the hoodie I put in the backseat to wear for the day, until later. Nothing special about today, except seeing Sade of course, but that's becoming everyday now. And knowing I'd get to hang out with her later made it even better for me.

~ Later That Night ~

Sade's POV:

We're going to this outdoor arcade mixed with a fair sort of place downtown so I dressed for the hot weather. I decided on some mid length shorts with a mid drift tee shirt that stopped just above my belly button and my platform converse. I did my hair in a ponytail in the middle of my head with a swoop on the right side of my face, then popped in some small hoop earrings and added a layered necklace. I looked myself over in the mirror,

"Yeah this should do," I said nodding to myself. Then I took a few mirror selfies before grabbing my keys, jacket, and purse then heading downstairs and out the door.

Once arriving, I texted the group chat with Aria and Kingston to see where they were.

Me to Mr. King💅🏽, BabyGirl💋
Where you bitches at?

Mr. King💅🏽
We pullin up hoe.

BabyGirl💋
Where you at? We towards the front.

Me to Mr.King💅🏽, BabyGirl💋
Oh me too I'm looking around for y'all

Mr. King💅🏽
We'll be here sweets☝🏽

Me to Mr. King💅🏽, BabyGirl💋
lmao I see you I'm coming 

Walking towards Kingston's car, I texted Lauren to see if she'd made it yet.

Me to Lauren
hey, we're here in the parking lot, you close?

Lauren
Yeah, I'm pulling in actually, you guys in the front?

Me to Lauren
Yeah we're leaving the car now, you should see us walking

Lauren
okay see you soon😉

Though I'd smiled to myself at her text, I then quickly tried to play it off when realizing I'm in public cheesing like an idiot.

Kingston, Aria, and I stood at the front waiting and looking around for her. Kingston spotted her first, Aria second, and me last. She never fails to amaze me really. All I could think was 'alright now don't screw this up' and 'I hope she feels something too.'

Blinking away my thoughts, I looked up, not even realizing she was speaking to me. It sounded faded out as her mouth formed words I could barely hear.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I shook my head trying to regain my focus.