Chapter 49

~ Mid July ~

Aria's POV:

Laughter and the smell of breakfast infiltrated my senses, and interrupted my sleep. With a mild groan I reached aimlessly for my phone, patting empty spots on the mattress until my hand slapped a harder surface. Without even bringing it closer, I just barely opened my eyes, narrowing them to get a look at the time. 10:18 am.

Not too bad. But what the hell is that noise?

Before I could even get up to go see about the annoying commotion coming from the living room, my door swung open, allowing an amplified entrance of more volume.

"Hey!" Mo said too loud for my just awoken likening. "Your white chocolate is here, just thought you should know-"

"Dylan's here?" I rhetorically asked with a raspy voice, turning to sit upright in my bed, and surely looking horrid.

"Yeah, he's talking to dad and mom though. And Cheyenne's here too, so don't come out here looking all-" he circularly waved his hand of disapproval in my direction, confirming my presumed appearance. "Like you look-"

Rolling my eyes, I then cut them at my brother,

"Get out, you troll-"

"Ooo she's grouchy too-"

"Mo, come on here and leave that girl alone!" My mother yelled from nearby.

I then heard footsteps trailing up to my doorway. The appearance of my boyfriend behind my brother in the frame prompted me to abruptly slam my body back into the mattress, pulling my comforter completely over me.

Dylan laughed,

"Are you hiding from me?" He teased, making me smile though he couldn't see. "It's nothing I haven't seen before, A." His voice became nearer, making my body tense up. I knew what was coming.

"That's not true," I muffled through the covers.

"Oh it's not?" There was silence, and I held my breath before responding.

"No-" the abrupt attack of wiggling fingers all over my sides caused me to squeal as I squirmed to get away. The mattress sank in near me as Dylan kept his playful ambush.

"You sure?"

My lack of response due to relentless laughter left me out of breath from both that and trying to pry myself from his strong grasp.

"Okay! Okay!" I nearly screamed. This asshole knows I hate being tickled. "I quit D, I quit!!"

His hands retracted from my comforter as he sighed. "Alright, now let me see your face. You can't hide forever-"

"No." Regret quickly seeped in when I realized he's still sitting on my bed, prepared to torture me further. "I mean..."

"Yeah, exactly-"

"Shut up," I laughed, but quickly stopped with a sharp inhale once Dylan snatched the comforter from my grip, revealing my face and awful morning hair.

With a teasing smile, my boyfriend playfully gasped,

"Oh my dear lord, who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend!"

My lips curving into a smile, I rolled my eyes. "Dylan."

He leaned in to examine my face with his hands. "Aria honey, I'm here okay! You're not alone!" I giggled, pushing him away as he laughed as well. "No but seriously get dressed, we've got a full day ahead of us."