Chapter 78

Lauren's POV:

We'd just gotten back home from Sade's Winter Show, and words couldn't explain how proud I was of her and how much I admired the professional side of her. Sure, I'd be really intrigued when hearing her talk about her day at work or even when I'd just keep her company in her home office while she paced around to brainstorm and come up with different ideas. But seeing it all in person...it was just an entirely different story.

I'd never realized all that'd gone into coordinating and running a fashion show. It was truly an experience, I would say, especially since it was Christmas themed.

Now though, nerves had settled within me as the two of us got into bed.

Wrapping her arms around me, Sade intertwined our legs as her head laid on my chest. She had on a silk pajama dress while I went with shorts and a big t-shirt for tonight. Cartoons played at a low volume on the TV as I rubbed circles on her shoulder blade and her hands went inside my shirt to caress the skin of my back.

"What's on your mind?" she whispered after a while to where I could hear. A crease formed in my brow and I glanced down at her skeptically, wondering how she knew I was thinking. "Your heart's beating faster than usual, and you've been quiet since we left the show."

A hint of silence fell as I tried to gather my thoughts before speaking. And it seemed as if she knew that, and was patiently waiting, as always. But I couldn't just come out with the truth this time like I normally would. The reason behind my nerves couldn't be talked about until after I'd done it. So for now, I needed a detour.

"I bought you something," I said, trying to figure out what I did and didn't want to reveal before tomorrow. "I'm nervous because I don't know if you'll like it..."

Now lifting her head to look at me, she quizzically smirked,

"I love everything you buy for me, so what'd you get that's making you nervous??"

"I can't tell you until tomorrow..." Sade squinted at me and searched my eyes for a second, then raised her eyebrows once finding that I was serious. She laughed softly,

"It must be serious."

"It is..."

Hearing the softness in my tone for I couldn't help the way I was gazing at her, Sade tilted her head while letting her eyes study me more.

"Well now I'm nervous," she chuckled, making me do so as well. My arms held her close once she laid her head back on my chest with a sigh. "If you got a pet, just know that I will not be cleaning up the poop from the floor-" I giggled and shook my head at her randomness.

Sade's POV:

I don't think I've received so many gifts in one day in my life. It almost felt like a dream that was too good to be true, only it was very much real.

It's December 21st and I'm officially on a holiday break from work until the 27th. And it's not just me, the entire building was on holiday leave. I never liked to keep people working all throughout the year, to where they don't get to see their families and such. That's why the Winter Show's on the 20th and we close out the following day until after Christmas.

This morning, my girlfriend woke me up to breakfast in bed, which I don't think I'd ever grow tired of. Even still since last night, she seemed so nervous even though she tried to hide it, and I couldn't figure out why. She told me to dress comfortably for today which didn't surprise me because we didn't necessarily have plans. But then she came out of the closet, dressed in airport sweats, and told me to meet her downstairs when I was ready. Didn't even give me a chance to ask where we were going, and that I did find suspicious.