Chapter 53

Aria's POV:

Aria's POV:

"Ms. Walton-" My new coworker peeked through the large wooden door. My head lifted from the focus of my planning. "You have a moment?"

With a smile, I put my pen and glasses down.

"Of course, Ms. Smith, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Easing through the door, with a small bag and binder in hand, she simply pulled up an empty chair from the students' desk to sit before mine. She then smiled,

"How are you today?" My expression grew bashful as I exhaled a breath and hung my head,

"I'm alright, Ms. Smith, how about you?"

"Oh I'm good, I just finished my planning for today, and I just wanted to ask if I could have lunch with you?" I smiled at her seemingly nervous exterior. "That's only if you'll have me though. You seem to be the only person nice enough to accept my company in this department," she laughed nervously.

"Oh that's not true, Ms. Smith-"

"Alana...please." I paused, then smiled again,

"Alana- They're probably just intimidated by you, honey bun. You're a young teacher who carries herself exceptionally well and hasn't made a single mistake yet. The board adores your youth and work ethic, so they probably feel threatened."

"But that's ridiculous to me though, I don't-"

"Of course you don't think that of yourself but what the hell do they know?" She shot me a slowly confident grin. "The only reason I know is because I have a friend like that," my head shook with a slow smile as I remembered a best friend I hadn't spoken to in a while. "No one approached her due to them thinking she was a stuck up bitch and thought she knew every damn thing. When in reality she only had RBF and was the biggest sweetheart the minute you spoke to her."

Letting her eyes humorously wander with a scoff, "the story of my life," she said.

"Don't worry sweets, they'll figure it out," I laughed. "Until then, you have me. Of course we can have lunch."

Alana flashed a cheeky grin, and I couldn't help but smile. "So we're friends?"

"We are."

Her smile grew. "You're pretty cool Ms. Walton-"

"Aria. And so I've been told," I said with an appreciative nod.

After lunch with Alana and about an hour and a half of more work, I attended the end of day meeting, and was soon out of the school building.

Driving my Audi sedan, I stopped for a quick trip to Target before heading home. Sure enough, I spent a good 300 dollars, and would get an earful from my boyfriend, but he'll be alright. I was certain to grab his favorite dessert.

 I was certain to grab his favorite dessert