Chapter 85

Omniscient POV:

"Okay, Honeybee, you set the table right?" Sade called, from the foyer, to her fiance who was in the kitchen of their new home.

"Yep!"

"And all of the food is finished cooking?" She made her way to meet Lauren.

"Done and done," Lauren was chuckling softly at her lover's obvious nerves.

She shook her head with a smile tugging her lips as she set up their long dining table to look like a feast for their expected guests. Once finished, she came back into the kitchen to find Sade subtly pacing from place to place to clean it back up. Simply exhaling an adoring breath, she crossed her arms and leaned against the frame of the door where the two rooms met, to watch for a moment. Sade eventually noticed eyes gazing upon her and paused and huffed as her arms dropped against her sides,

"Baby, why're you smiliiinngg?" she whined as her lip poked out. "This isn't funny, I just want this to go well."

With her bottom lip drawing between her teeth, Lauren pushed herself off the frame before walking up to Sade slowly.

"It's funny because I know for a fact that it's going to go just fine, and probably even better than we think... Come here." She took both Sade's hands to pull her body closer before wrapping both hands around her waist. "Quit worrying Emerald, okay?"

They locked eyes as she spoke and Lauren searched Sade's eyes until her fiance gave a nod in response. Laying a finger under her chin, once Sade's head started to fall a bit, Lauren leaned in to kiss her softly and slowly. And that's when she could physically feel some of the tension that Sade held within her body language wither away. One more kiss, she placed on her lips before pulling back slightly and sweetly swiping her thumb across her lover's chin.

Neither of them were dressed for the gathering they'd planned in their new home, also.

Since she was the one cooking, Lauren wore gray flare leggings with a white halter top and an apron, and her hair was in a clip though slightly damp from her morning shower. Then, since she'd been doing the cleaning and running a few small errands, Sade was dressed in her NYU sweatpants and cotton t-shirt. They'd showered together this morning, so though her hair wasn't wet, it was wrapped under a scarf and her face was bare as well as Lauren's.

Not to mention what a beautiful day it was in general, on the Upper East Side of New York City. Their neighborhood was even more spacious and quiet than their high rise in the heart of the city, and the only sound accompanying their days were the chirps of birds and soft whistles of the distant wind. And it was a sound that they dearly enjoyed waking up to everyday since moving in, almost three weeks ago. That along with the vast amount of space and simple yet enjoyable at-home activities, and the variety of them.

Standing close against each other's bodies, as their foreheads lovingly met, the couple's hands interlaced down by their sides, swinging a bit.

"Your mom called," Lauren spoke softly, making Sade's head lift up. "Their flight lands in less than an hour. And Troy's on his way to pick you up so that he can take you to get them from the airport." Realizing what that meant, Sade's eyebrows furrowed, though before she could utter a word, Lauren spoke again while taking her by the hand out of the kitchen. "Soo, I need to you to get dressed-"

"But babe, I don't even-"

"Your clothes, shoes, and jewelry are already laid out on the bed. All you have to do is put it on, and there's two options, just in case," she carried on while leading up the stairs with their hands interlocked behind her. "Troy will be here in about thirty minutes, so come on let's get you ready."