Chapter 33

Lauren's POV:

Once the ambulance arrived at the hospital, they immediately rushed her inside. And in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

I rode with her and Hunter and Tina drove behind us. While on the way here, they kept trying to keep her steady, but it wasn't looking like it was working. It seemed as if she was getting worse by the minute.

I couldn't really process what was happening at that moment. I couldn't do anything but sit there and hold her hand tight with a blank expression on my face as tears streamed down my cheeks. Even as I held her hand, it was weak, and barely held any life to it. Wherever she was in there though, I wanted her to know that I was here and she wasn't alone.

I stood there in the waiting area alone, practically shaking with worry. I don't even know where my phone is to call anyone or tell them where I am.

Thankfully, Hunter and Tina appeared, drawing my attention away from the wall my eyes dazedly looked upon.

"Hey, is she okay? What happened when you got here?" Hunter asked, softly rubbing my back. Again, words weren't easy, but I knew they needed to be informed so I tried again anyway.

"They just rushed her to the back." Little emotion held my tone and their faces knit with concern. "The nurse said she'd be back to inform me, but that was like five minutes ago."

Without giving a verbal response, the two just nodded and pulled both my hands to sit me down. My body didn't hold much restraint, or any feeling at all really. My mind raced, thinking about what Sade would do if she were me. She'd probably call my dad....... shit, someone needs to call her mom, and Aria too. She'd be pissed if I didn't.

"Can you call Aria, Hunter?" I said without taking my eyes off the floor.

"Already did. And I told her to call Sade's mom too since they probably need a family member present."

"I'm sure the hospital already did even if you didn't, but then again she is 18 so I'm not sure how it works," Tina said.

A lady in light blue scrubs walked up to us in a hurry. Hunter and Tina stood, but I couldn't bring myself to. Instead I attentively lifted my head, giving the younger nurse my full attention.

"Are you all friends of Sade Harper?" We nodded. "Do you know if she's allergic to anything?" I shook my head 'no.' "And can you tell me what exactly she ate? Was it something new?" My head hung in thought about our brunch date. Why in the hell couldn't she just get what she always did?

"Yeah she said she wanted to try something new and ordered this chicken dish with some special honey sauce drizzled over it with a side of corn mix and asparagus." The nurse nodded in thought. My eyebrows knit,

"How is she?" I asked. The lady gave me this look, as she hesitated to provide an answer. "Just be straight with me, how bad is it?" Her lips curled inward,

"It's not looking too good, I won't lie to you all." Each of us hung our heads with sighs. The tears were coming back again. "It seems as if whatever she ate is heaving a fatal effect on her. The doctors are trying their best, but as of right now, I can't give you a truthful answer that she'll be alright."

Leaning back in my seat with a huff, I put my head in my hands, feeling myself about to break down.

I need to get out of here.

Without saying anything, I fled from the cushioned chair and headed for the elevator.

"Lauren, where are you going?!" Hunter called, but I just kept walking as fast as my body would allow.