Chapter 16

Lauren's POV:

Lauren's POV:

Nerves. Anxiety. Excitement. Love. Happiness. Hunger.....both kinds. A rollercoaster of emotions coursed through me as I prepared for the date I had with Sade tonight. Even though we've been out together as a couple plenty of times before, this felt like our true first date. I had so many things on my mind right now, I didn't know what to do with myself. I wondered what my girlfriend was doing and what she was thinking. I wondered how she felt and if she was just as nervous as I was. A small part of me hoped she was, just so I wasn't alone.

I've spent damn near four hours trying to get ready for this shit and I'm still not done. Three of them I spent ransacking my closet to find something to wear. I finally came across something I liked after two mental breakdowns, a snack break, and stepping outside for ten minutes to contemplate life. Sade told me to be ready by 6 and it's 5:15. I haven't gotten dressed yet but I just finished my makeup. My hair was loosely rolled into flexi rods that just needed to be unraveled and fluffed out once I finished getting dressed.

After putting on my dress and fixing my hair, I applied some light jewelry and perfume, scented 'vanilla bourbon.' It was now 5:50. I began to rush, putting everything in my purse before grabbing my heels and heading downstairs. She also said she got a hotel for us tonight, so I made sure to bring my bag downstairs with me as well. I was excited for the hotel part because it'd be our first time being with each other on our own. No parents, no siblings, just us. That also made me incredibly nervous but I tried not to think about it too much.

My dad was sitting in the living room, watching football as he ate his usual snacks. He glanced in my direction, hearing my footsteps, and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh sweetheart you look divine-" A small grin tugged my lips as I went to put my bag by the front door. Walking into the living room, I sat on the couch beside the large chair he resided in.

"Thanks dad."

"Where are you two going to eat?" he pointed the remote at the TV, lowering the volume. I finished fastening my heels before uplifting my hands and shrugging my shoulders,

"No clue. She says it's a surprise."

"Must be pretty fancy if you're dressing up to this extent." I nodded. He leaned over and whispered even though only the two of us lived here, "You think you can bring me something back? I'll give you the money-" I chuckled a little,

"Sure thing dad." He flashed a giddy smile as he did a little happy dance, making me laugh harder. "What do you want?"

"I don't know. Just get something you think I'll like. I trust you won't disappoint me," he snickered. My laughter subdued as I side-eyed him. He plays too damn much.

Just as I was folding the money he'd given me into my purse, the doorbell rang. My heart about jumped out of my chest. The heels I wore clicked against the wooden floors as I went to open the front door. On the other side lied my stunningly gorgeous girlfriend. I think I actually forgot how to breathe for a minute at the sight of her. She flashed that adorable smile that never failed to melt my insides before speaking,