Chapter 20

Dylan's POV:

Dylan's POV:

"Okay we've got Fast n' Furious, The Avengers, Knives Out, SpiderMan Far from Home-"

"Oo Spider-Man please!" My cousin, Addison, voted.

"Okay Addy votes Spider-Man, anyone else? Tyler? Matthew?"

Matthew shrugged, "Spider-Man sounds good to me." I nodded,

"Alright Spider-Man it is. Tyler dim the lights will you?" Grunting, my cousin left his seat on the couch to walk over by the entrance and operate the tablet on the wall that controlled the lighting.

The adults were all upstairs with my mom and dad as my mother finished cooking. Us teenagers decided to camp out down here in the rather spacious den of my house. In this room lies a mini kitchen, a living room, a full bathroom, a small bedroom, and a second laundry room. Someone could really live in this space if need be, but my family just offers it to guests when company arrives. It really comes in handy when a band of teenage cousins are forced to hang out for the holidays.

Sitting next to Matthew, I kicked off my shoes and placed them beside the end of the couch we all sat on. Addison took the huge 'dad chair' that lied on the right side of the tv as us guys spread across the long sofa that faced toward the TV. I'd seen this movie countless times, not to mention we really only put it on for background noise. Pulling out my phone, I sent my girlfriend a text just to check in,

Me to my luva ❣️
hey babydoll

my luva ❣️
hey bubba!! how's it going with your family?

Me to my luva ❣️
boring as always🥲 i just wanna get my food and go home😗

my luva ❣️
lmao, you're a trip

Me to my luva ❣️
hbu?

my luva ❣️
eh can't relate🫦  i'm having a blast☝🏽😌

Me to my luva ❣️
asshole.😑

my luva ❣️
ahhhhkekeke😚

Smiling like an idiot, a small chuckle escaped my lips. Tyler peeked over at me,

"That the old girly pop you won't shut up about?" He asked. The cheeky grin refused to leave as I rolled my eyes with a minor blush,

"Oh please, I do not bring her up that much," I scoffed knowingly.

Addy cut in, "Oh so that wasn't you that brought up the fact that she hates cats when Madison told us she'd gotten one?"

"Oh and what about when you said she loves DC just as much as Marvel when Addy asked if we'd watched the new Avengers movie?" Matthew added, causing the group to snicker. The evidence against me was getting pretty thick, I couldn't even lie.

Once my cousins found out about me and Aria being together, they were a bit shocked at first. My family's not particularly the type to date outside of our race. Not because of prejudice or anything of that nature, but we've just never been presented with the opportunity. My interest in Aria kind of came out of nowhere. One minute I was trying to repay her and the next, I couldn't keep my eyes off her.