Chapter 68

~ Two Weeks Later ~

Omniscient POV:

"LUNA, LUNA, to your right!!"

"MS. RE, LOOK TO YOUR LEFT!!"

"Turn to the side please!!!! More!!"

"Now the front!"

Cameramen yelled instructions from all over as Lauren stood on the red carpet before them.

The sound of her name being shouted from every direction, as cameras clicked and fans cheered on the streets, had her mentally covering her ears. But they hadn't the slightest clue for she gave them each pose they asked for, smiled in some and straight faced others, and excitedly waved to the fans in between, all while making her way down the walkway.

Finally making it to the last spot on the carpet, where she'd give a small interview, she quietly sighed in relief.

"Ahhhh, oh my gosh you look beautifulll," the interviewer, James Corden, exclaimed as Lauren gracefully walked up to him.

She laughed sheepishly. "Thank you."

"So if you're new here, or have been living under a rock or something, I don't know-" Lauren giggled, laying a hand on his shoulder, and he chuckled. "Let me inform you. This here is Luna Re, one of the most talented young ladies I've met-"

"Oh stopp-"

James chuckled again. "No seriously, it's like Alicia Keys, Rihanna, and Aaliyah had a baby-" Lauren let out another giggle, scrunching her nose at him. "But how are you? I heard the engagement was called off, how are you holding up?"

The quick nosiness of the media never failed to make Lauren laugh inside. She'd known to expect it, but it always amazed her how these people minded everyone's business but their own.

"I'm doing all right James, thank you," she responded softly.

"That's good...and this was a mutual thing, right?" He displayed a checking hand with the nod of his head. "Or was it-"

"It was mutual, yes," Lauren answered through a sigh. "We just wanted different things, and we're growing apart. It happens." She shrugged, tightening her lips into a thin line.

James tilted his head at her. "Well I'm sorry to hear that," he said to which she simply shook her head, offering a reassuring grin. "But I've also heard, from a little birdie, that you'd be performing tonight!" Lauren shook her head, smiling as she looked around. "Is that true?" James asked just as Lauren's eye was caught by a familiar figure.

"Yeah..." she trailed, watching as the woman in a black dress walked toward the building. Assuming she probably was just seeing things, she turned back to the interviewer. "I guess you'll just have to see," she then quipped, beginning to walk a way.