Chapter 47

Omniscient POV:

Lauren got up and out of bed bright and early to head into the kitchen area of their hotel room.

Wearing some baggy sweatpants, a cropped wife beater, and Nike slides, she tied her hair into a low messy bun. Accompanied by the brief sound of morning ocean waves just beyond the cracked patio door, and soft jazz music playing on her speaker, she began cooking breakfast for her girlfriend who was still asleep.

Today's May 31st, Sade's birthday. And though she could've taken her out for food, Lauren figured she'd show her girlfriend how much attention she paid to Sade's little tips she'd offer when cooking for Lauren. 

Sade's always been the kind to shy away from such affection, yet she had no problem giving others her all. And Lauren noticed this when they first started dating; with compliments, gifts, acts of service, words of affirmation, eccetera. Her birthday was another thing she wasn't too big on. Everytime the topic arose, Sade would deflect from speaking on her own and mainly address Lauren's.

Much to her girlfriend's initial discomfort, Lauren has always made sure to make Sade feel like number one, whether she wanted to be or not. She couldn't fathom how little Sade would think of herself sometimes, but she'd be sure to tell or show her otherwise at any given chance.

Preparing eggs, bacon, French toast, and freshly cut fruit, she plated it all fancy before placing the plate on a wooden tray, along with a glass of cran-apple juice and a single rose.

Before bringing the tray in, Lauren opened the bedroom door and smiled to herself, looking at a peacefully sleeping Sade.

She eased inside to light a 'coconut island' scented candle, and gently pushed back the curtain to reveal a bit of sunlight. Tip-toeing back into the kitchen area, she turned the volume up on the speaker just a smidge to where it could be heard across the room, then grabbed the tray. 'Ooo Baby Baby' by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles softly serenaded through the entire suite.

Sitting the food down lightly on the nightstand beside the bed, Lauren sat alongside her sleeping girlfriend, extending an arm over her body. Sade was on her back with her one arm covering her face as the other laid out in the other direction, hanging off the bed a bit.

Taking Sade's right hand in her left, Lauren used the other to move Sade's arm. She then traced her girlfriend's features with the back of her finger. Stirring a bit, Sade shifted around to face Lauren, still asleep.

"Emerald..." Lauren sang softly. Barely a response though. She then chuckled, leaning down to kiss her girlfriend's jawline before nearing her ear. "Eeeemeraaallld," she sang again, this time earning a groan followed by more shuffling.

Lauren then tenderly trailed her right hand down Sade's body, caressing her exposed skin for she only wore a cropped t-shirt and some shorts.

"Stop it, that tickles-" Sade's voice was extremely raspy as she squirmed under Lauren after feeling the skin of her pelvis being brushed across.

Lauren chuckled, traveling to the other side of Sade's face as her girlfriend turned into her more, now laying on her side while facing Lauren. 

"Come on get up, I've got something for you," she said before kissing Sade's left ear and letting her hand travel down to find her behind.

Finally opening her brown eyes, Sade gave her lover a playful squint while smirking,

"What kinda something?" Lauren laughed aloud, shaking her head,

"No it's not that, I-" Sade took a glance behind her, and her eyes widened as she sat up a bit,