Chapter 27

~ Two Weeks Later ~

Hunter's POV:

"Alright we've got all the bags, pillows, and blankets?" Aria asked Dylan.

"Check, check, and check."

The two stood before the open trunk of Dylan's SUV while I remained comfortably stretched out in the backseat. We'd met up at Dylan's house to get situated and head out from here.

"Okay, Hunter you got all you need?"

"Yep, ready to roll. Come on, I'm tryna get there first." I urged. Dylan closed the trunk and they busied around to get in. He started the car as Aria set up the Bluetooth.

"What do you guys want to eat? Chick-fil-A or Starbucks?" Dylan asked us.

"Chick-fil-A," I answered.

"Starbucks," Aria said at the same time, making Dylan laugh. I groaned,

"Fine, I'll settle this time. A, you always want damn Starbucks." My eyes rolled, knowing she couldn't see me.

"Aye if it ain't broke don't fix it."

"You need to switch things up sometimes," I said. She craned her neck over her shoulder to face me with a sassy arched eyebrow,

"You in my business....."

I cackled, "bitch-"

"Here we go," Dylan sighed while turning the radio up over our playful bickering. It made me giggle.

After getting our food, we made our way onto the freeway. The time is around 7 am right now and the drive from Tallahassee to Gatlinburg is about seven hours and some change. The three of us agreed to switch drivers every two hours, so it'd be a smoother sail. I made sure to take the last leg, that way I could sleep most of the trip.

Kendrick Lamar's 'Poetic Justice' played at a moderate volume on the radio while we rode in comfortable silence. With my AirPods in, I had my phone set up on my chest as I scrolled through Tiktok. Pillows were set up between my back and the car door, so this position was rather comfortable. Being stretched out in the backseat by yourself on a road trip is like both sides of your pillow being cold. This shit felt amazing.

"Kingston and them are on the road now right?" Dylan asked, glancing over at his girlfriend who was texting on her phone.

Without looking up, "Yeah they took off around the same time we did," she replied.

"Alright cool."

~~~~~~