Chapter 6

~ Friday Night: Homecoming Game ~

Lauren's POV:

'Smooth Criminal' by Michael Jackson blasted through my speaker in my room as I got ready for the football game tonight. The theme was school colors so I threw on a blue hoodie that had an orange basketball on it, black tights, and my orange high top platform converse. I put my hair up into a top knot messy bun with a few loose curls coming out around my edges and sideburns. I had on gold jewelry and gold medium sized hoop earrings.

I was in the middle of doing my edges when I got a FaceTime call from Dylan,

"Hello," I answered with my phone laying down on my vanity as I continued to do my edges in the mirror. I reached for my remote to turn my speaker down.

"What up Shawtayyyy!" I laughed.

"What's up Dylan. Shouldn't you be getting ready to play?"

"Well yeah but we had a bit of down time and I was bored so I called-"

"Gee I'm touched." He laughed,

"My bad I didn't mean it like that-"

"I know, you're good, what time does it start again?"

"6:30 but varsity really kicks off around 7 and it's 6 now so you're good." I took a breath of relief. I thought I needed to get going.

"Okay-" I started to say something but my phone started vibrating and I looked down to see Aria was FaceTiming me. "Hey Dylan I'll see you later, Aria is calling"

"Okay tell her I said hi, bye-"

"Bye." I hit end and accept, and soon her face popped up. I squealed because she looked so cute,

"Ahhh look at youuu!"

"Uh uh girl look at you! I see the hoops, Sade look she think she grown-" I giggled as Sade's face popped in beside Aria's and my body immediately got hot as I blushed, just from seeing her,

"Okayyyy," she said, I stepped out of the camera to hide my face,

"Oh stopp-"

"Girl you look like a whole snack over there gah damn-" Aria's face took hold of the camera again.

"Why thank you, you look quite edible yourself Ms. Walton." I paused, gaining a sense of boldness before saying, "And tell Sade she looks like a full course meal." Aria's eyes widened as she looked at me in disbelief. I only smirked and bit my lip in response, the shyness was creeping back in. Aria turned to Sade and asked,

"You heard ha?" She asked pointing to the phone, I couldn't see Sade's face but I could hear her voice,

"Sure did-"

I wished I could have seen her face to read her reaction better. There were a lot of ways she could have meant 'sure did.'

~ Later On ~

We had all met up at the school around 7:15 and sat alongside each other at the bleachers while the varsity game went into full swing. Sade was next to me with Aria on the other side of her, and Kingston on the end.

Hunter was on the other side of me cheering, then she turned to me. "Girl number twenty three is so fine like oh my lord," she dragged her hands down her face.

I giggled. "Really Hunter, what's that boy's name?" I teased, knowing she had no clue.

"Number twenty three," she said seriously. I threw my head back in laughter. "M m m... I need to get his digits to-night!" Hunter shook her head squinting her eyes.