Chapter 48

Omniscient POV:

"Honeybee..." Sade crouched down beside her girlfriend's bed, doing her best to gently wake her. Unlike Sade, she's a rather light sleeper. "Baby wake up-" Lauren stretched her body as she exuded a deep groan.

She glanced behind her girlfriend with a scrunched face of confusion, observing the lack of sunlight in the room.

"What's going on? The sun isn't even up yet-"

"Shh, no questions. Will you just get dressed and come with me?"

Sade straightened her body and went to retrieve a backpack and folded clothes to hand Lauren.

Giving her girlfriend a skeptically amused look, Lauren sat up, stretching a bit more, before grabbing the folded sweatshirt and sweatpants. As she started to get dressed, Sade went to retrieve some worn crocs for Lauren and sat them on the floor before her feet, ready to be slid into.

Lauren admirably watched her girlfriend busy around the room, mentally marking her checklist. "Will you at least tell me where we're going?"

Sade circled back around to grab the bag and Lauren's hand.

"I can...." She shot her girlfriend a smirk and bit her lip before turning to head for the door, pulling Lauren with her. "But I won't. Come on-" Lauren groaned with raspiness in her voice as Sade chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hunter Nicole, it is the ass crack of dawn- this better be good that you dragged me from my beloved bed," Tina said with attitude and crossed arms, continuing her complaints along their car ride.

Hunter reached for Tina's hand, and grabbed ahold of it anyway despite Tina initially smacking her hand away. "Shut up, will you?" She planted a soft kiss along the back. "It's worth your time, I promise T-"

"Better be," Tina mumbled, rolling her eyes.

Hunter chuckled. "I forgot how cranky you are about your sleep-"

Instead of a response, Tina only cut her eyes at her girlfriend before gazing out of the window with a huff.

About twenty minutes later, they'd arrived.

Once finally parking and unbuckling her seatbelt with a sigh, Hunter glanced over and smiled to herself, looking at a solemnly sleeping Tina. She glanced around some more and pulled out her phone after seeing an empty parking lot. The phone was then placed to her ear as the call connected.

"Hey, I'm about to pull in," Sade spoke quietly. "You there already?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Tina fell asleep on the way here," Hunter said through a soft laugh. Sade joined,

"Yeah, so did Lauren. How much time do we have?" The blonde drew her phone away from her ear to check the weather app.

"About fifteen minutes," she said, bringing it back.

"Alright cool, and you've got everything set up?"

"Yeah, I'm about to double check but I set it up before waking Tina."

"Alright-"

Hearing the sound of a car rolling over rocks, Hunter glanced back, then hung up the phone. She stepped out to open the trunk of her jeep and pull the plastic back, revealing a rather cute set up.

The truck was already backed in to face the beach. They'd parked on a hill like area that gave an elevated view of the water and horizon. An orange and yellow haze had already begun to peak above the water, signaling the sun's predicted arrival.