Chapter 45

~ A Week After Graduation ~

Sade's POV:

"What up dawg," 'Thena said, busting through my door, unannounced as always. With a scrunched face, I peeked my head out from my closet,

"I could have been butt naked, you turd-"

"Yeah well you're not, so we're all good," she shrugged while walking to where I was.

"Asshole-" I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"I heard that."

"Did you noww?" I gasped, slowly turning to her with a sarcastic smile.

'Thena rolled her eyes at me before sitting  down on the floor of my closet. There was shit everywhere due to college preparations and getting rid of some things.

"What you in here doing?"

I sighed, "trying to get my clothes in order. My closet's still in winter mode and it's May, plus there's college-"

My sister then groaned and I briefly looked over to find her head against the wall with her eyes stressfully shut.

"I can't believe you're leaving me bruh. The audacity-" I laughed,

"Audacity 'Thena? Seriously?"

Her eyes opened and she gave me a blank stare,

"Yes. It's rude and disrespectful, and I don't appreciate it at all." I glanced back down over my shoulder, giving her a look as well,

"You'll be fine 'Thena, I promise-" she pouted. "You can always call or text me to complain about whatever your heart desires, and I'll visit as much as I can." Her lips smacked as she rolled her eyes,

"I'll be seeing you like twice a year for holidays and you know it-"

"I'll be back during the summer..."

"Yeah, barely..." My sister sighed before standing up to hug my waist, letting her head find my shoulder. "You'll be living in New York Sade. More than likely you'll like it more than you think, and coming back home for the summer, or even holidays, is going to start feeling veeery optional......which I get."

Leaning my head on Athena's, and draping my right arm over her shoulders, a long breath escaped my lips,

"I'd be lying if I said it won't happen because there's a possibility. But just know that I will try my best to see you guys whenever I can. I'm not gonna do y'all like that, alright?" She nodded against my shoulder. Just then, I shifted so she'd lift her head, and faced her, cradling her face between my hands. "It'll be okay, okay? You guys will be fine, I promise-"

My sister's lips then curved into an emotional frown,

"I'm going to miss you-"

"Oh 'Thena-" I immediately pulled her into an embrace, holding her tight as she cried. "You're going to make me cry and I've cried way too many times about this already."