Chapter 66

Omniscient POV:

It was almost nine thirty in the morning now as Sade and Lauren sat talking in Lauren's music room. Charlie had sent a text around nine, reminding Sade to be back at the hotel at twelve thirty to prepare for their meeting at two o'clock. That now gave her about three hours to spend with Lauren.

When would she see her again afterward? She had no clue. But for now, she'd enjoy these three hours and whatever came with it.

"Will you play me something?" she asked Lauren, who was brushing her fingers amongst the keys. She picked her head up to let her eyes wander Sade's face amorously.

"What do you want to hear?"

"Hm....surprise me," Sade said, to which Lauren bit her lip and faced the instrument again.

She took a breath as her fingers hovered over the keys, and Sade simply watched in admiration. She was beyond proud of Lauren for a lot of things, but especially pursuing a career in music. And Lauren had no clue just how much.

Soon, Lauren closed her eyes, allowing her fingers to move in unison with the keys to produce the opening of 'Mia & Sebastian's Theme.'

The second Sade heard it, and so crisply due to the room's acoustics, she looked at Lauren with fond reminiscent eyes. Lauren's eyes remained closed as she played and slightly swayed her head while arching a subconscious brow. She knew, just as Sade did, the meaning behind the song. And the fact that after all these years, Lauren remembered it, Sade was growing emotional again. Memories of them when they were together filled her head and heart as she sat, hanging her head and twiddling her fingers, trying not to let any tears fall.

Lauren played the entire song with her eyes still closed, and didn't open them until she was finished. By the time the song ended, and she looked over at Sade, she then became worried,

"Sade, what's wrong?" she asked, turning into Sade while resting a hand around her waist again.

Sade lifted her head while shaking it, wiped a single tear, and exhaled a breath. "Nothing, I'm sorry, it's just- I haven't heard that song in forever." Lauren used her other hand to grab Sade's to hold, figuring there was more. Sade laughed while looking up at the ceiling in thought. "I think the last time I heard it, I started crying and couldn't stop, so I told myself I wouldn't listen to it again." Lauren merely grinned,

"That's funny, I just about did the same thing." Sade turned her head to look Lauren in the eye. "Cried every time I played it, until I decided to stop torturing myself," she said with a small chuckle. Sade smiled weakly,

"So what made you want to play it just now?"

"Honestly... I don't really know. It kind of just came to mind out of nowhere, so I played it." She looked at Sade, then mirrored the grinning expression. "What?"

Sade just barely shook her head while peering into Lauren's eyes. Expelling a faint sigh through the biting of her lip, she lifted her right hand to slowly tuck a piece of hair behind Lauren's ear. As Lauren closed her eyes, allowing Sade's touch to alleviate her mind and tranquilize her beating heart, Sade's eyes wandered her every feature. From the arch of her brow, the bridge of her nose, the shape of her almond eyes, the alluring tone of her baby soft skin, accentuated by the sun's arrival, to the tiny blissful grin tugging her lips; Sade wanted to inscribe the view before her and frame it at the forefront of her mind.