Chapter 70

Omniscient POV:

Back at the airport, Sade was simply in the bathroom, stressing out.

Earlier this morning after leaving the hotel, she was stuck in traffic for almost an hour. Why in the hell was there traffic at six thirty in the morning?? She had no clue, but it had her day starting off rather agitating. And then, when she finally did arrive at the airport, her flight had been delayed.

For a second she was thankful she wasn't too late and hadn't missed it, but now, that only meant she'd be late for her meeting in New York. She could miss it, sure; she owned her own line after all. But she never liked to. Though Sade was the boss, using that as an excuse to not work like everyone else didn't sit well with her.

Then, on top of that, her phone had reached twenty percent while in the car. She'd forgotten to charge it last night for obvious reasons, and her charger was all the way in her suitcase. By the time she got to the airport, and found out about her flight, she immediately made several calls to Charlie, Ghana, and other executives back in New York. She'd spent forever simply giving out detailed instructions for today and maybe even tomorrow, and what to do regarding this and that.

It went on all the way until her phone had died, making her curse under her breath for she wasn't finished with her call with Charlie. Her assistant was supposed to be with her on this trip, but needed yesterday off due to a family emergency. Honestly, she was glad someone that knew how she worked and how her office was set up remained in New York. This way, the meeting could be held still, just online.

After taking a few deep breaths to calm her anxiety, Sade walked out of the bathroom.

Her phone had been dead for about twenty minutes since before she went in there to recollect. She'd figured now that since her flight was delayed three hours, maybe she and Lauren could just fly back together. Though when she thought to call, she remembered to retrieve a charger, and soon.

News channels reported across multiple television screens. TSA agents mumbled repeated instructions. Middle-aged women complained at the desk about flight delays. And suitcases rolled down the walkway as random luggage machines beeped. Sade heard it all as background noise as she'd taken out her charger to plug into the wall, then plugged her phone into that.

For a moment, she sat and waited for it to turn on, looking around at hundreds of people, just going about their own individual lives. Some were going to family, some going on business trips, most on vacation since it was summer. Some were alone, others were in groups. Just observing it all, a faint grin crept onto her face.

That grin faded once the words coming from one of the TVs made itself known to her auditory senses, especially when hearing Lauren's stage name. Her head snapped up, mentally checking if she heard correctly.

The minute her eyes laid upon the TV, as she grasped the depth of what the reporter had been saying, her stomach sunk.

"Ladies and gentleman, along with today's breaking news, we've just been informed that as of fifteen minutes ago, singer, Luna Re, has been rushed to the hospital at the hands of a rather distressing car accident," the woman said. Next came a man's voice to continue. "All we know as of right now, is that she was with bodyguard, Troy Matthews- who's also been injured- and the impact was made on the singer's side of the car-"

The images that washed across the screen next caused her mouth to fall agape, yet she was hardly even breathing at the moment. There was an ambulance and fire truck and about three police cars, then the damaged car at the center from an overhead view. And they'd said she was on the side that was hit, but the car was nearly bent in half.