Chapter 21

Lauren's POV:

I felt pain in my stomach, waking me from my already troubled sleep. I'd barely eaten, so for me to be throwing up as hard as I am right now was just downright disrespectful.

Stumbling back into my dark room that was slightly lit up through the crack in my curtain, I grabbed my phone from my nightstand to read the time. 5:00. Rolling my eyes, "Great," I groaned. Standing by my night stand in nothing but an oversized T shirt and some underwear, I grabbed my water bottle to take a few sips. Sade stirred in her sleep before turning her head against the memory foam pillow to face me.

"Hey," she cooed, making me grin softly, "you okay?"

Taking another small sip, I shook my head while swallowing. "Something's going on with my stomach I guess. I just puked my brains out."

Frowning upon hearing my last words, my girlfriend slowly sat up and rubbed her eye with a bawled hand.

"What's wrong? Did you eat something?"

"I have no idea. And no I haven't really been able to stomach anything lately so I'm not sure why I threw up the way I did."

"Nerves? Stress?" Putting the bottle back on the nightstand, I then held my hands up,

"About what though? I feel fine, for real." With a subtle smirk, she squinted her eyes playfully at me,

"Preggers?" My mouth hung open as I lunged into the bed and playfully punched her arm while she giggled,

"You play too damn much-"

~~~~

Hunter and I were chilling in the living room in our usual positions, just passing the time. Sade had left around 9 after Aria, Dylan, and Kingston dipped at 7. Now it was about 11 am, and our reservation wasn't set until about 3 so there was nothing to do except chill out until then. My mom planned to meet us here at around 1 and we'd all leave out together. We hadn't heard from her since a few days ago, but we figured she was probably just too busy to call and check in.

Hunter's parents wouldn't be back in town until tomorrow evening so she was stuck with me until then. Neither of us minded at all, if I'm being honest. She and I had already been growing fond of each other since school started and now that she's been practically living with me these past days, we're basically besties.  Most people would think that because of her outgoing and extroverted persona at school, she'd be a nightmare to live with, but it's really the opposite. That girl is probably one of the most quiet and reserved people I've ever met when at home. The first day she was here, I had to do everything in my power to loosen her up a bit. As of now, I'd say she's pretty comfortable, but she still has her introverted ways from time to time.

Heavy footsteps sounded through the room as the tv show we had on played. Judging by the monstrous sound and the fact that there were only three of us here and two were in this room, I knew it was my dad.

"Hey kiddos," he said, going into the kitchen.

"Hey dad-"

"Hey Mr. Johnson-"

"Hey Lauren, do you think I should wear a tie to this dinner or no?"

I glanced at him behind the oversized chair I'd sat in, "Mmmm, no tie, maybe a single chain with the top button undone?"

"Hm...alright I'll see how that looks. Thanks honey!" Turning back around, I focused my attention back on my phone. Dammit, it's at 10 percent and my charger's upstairs.