Chapter 86

Sade's POV:

Sade's POV:

It'd been about seven months since I'd last visited Diana. And at this point, this meeting was more of a get together to catch up, rather than the more serious ones we'd had before. I was excited and so was she.

Walking into her office that looked and smelled just the same, reminding me of flowers and spring, I flashed a grin her way once she glanced up from her computer screen.

"If it isn't my favorite paatieenntt," she stood with open arms while rushing over to hug me.

I chuckled. "D, you know I hate that word."

"My apologies dear, you know I love you," she smiled as the two of us parted from the embrace before making our way to sit on the loveseat. "So," her head tilted as she made eye contact with me. "How are you?"

"Really good D," I nodded slowly, unable to help the smile curving at my lips. She smiled at the sight, which made me giggle. "I'm uh...I'm engaged, so that's new-"

"You're what?!" My laughter grew at the sight of her wide eyed expression in reaction to the news. "You didn't think to tell me Sade?! When did this happen??!"

"I wanted to tell you in person first, just to see your face," I snickered as her mouth remained hanging open. "It was worth the wait for sure."

"Why in the world do you play so much?" Diana chuckled while shaking her head at me. "I want to hear allll the details, you know the drill miss thing."

And I did just that.

We talked about almost everything that's happened since November of last year. When I last visited, it was the first time I'd seen her since before the accident. And it was then that I couldn't do anything but break down by the end of the session. Sure I was putting on a brave face everyday at home with Lauren, but apparently I was hurting much more than I realized. And Diana helped me see that.

For months I'd been tending to her needs, and completely ignored my own, emotionally. I was angry that the second we decided to get back together, she got hurt, and by someone who'd been hurting her for a long time before then. I was upset at the way he'd made her feel about herself, and that I felt I couldn't do enough to change it. I was upset that I ever let her go in the first place... Seeing her in the hospital like that, and being there everyday that she was in immense pain, it hurt me as well.

But to me, she didn't need to know that. Lauren didn't need to see that I'd be in tears when she was asleep, and would wipe them away before she woke. She knows me, and she knows me well, so whenever I did get overwhelmingly tired, she'd force me to sleep or rest for the day; despite my opposition, of course. But she'd be right every time.

So badly did I just want us to get to a point where we were okay, she and I. Physically and emotionally, we were both tired. But I ignored how I was feeling because it didn't measure up to the state Lauren was in. So I kept it all in, until that session.