Chapter 52

~ Earlier That Same Day ~

Lauren's POV:

The bright shine of rejuvenating sunlight enlightened my closed eyelids. Merely groaning, I turned away from it, extending an arm that expected to find a body. Disappointment set across my face once my hand plopped onto the empty mattress space.

"Micah!" I groaned, shuffling to sit upright with a huff.

Glancing around the natural lit bedroom with squinted eyes, I internally frowned when not seeing him anywhere. Then, rolling my eyes, I threw the covers back and stretched my legs to stand.

Moderately yawning, I slid my bare feet into pillow soft slippers and began my daily walk to the bathroom. Extending both arms high above my head, revealing more skin in my tank and underwear sleep attire, I gave myself the once over in the large ring lit mirror. Upon my entrance, the lights had automatically switched on.

With a soft sigh, I started my morning routine.

After showering, doing my hair, skincare, and applying light makeup for rehearsals today, I dressed in comfortable clothing before heading down the spaced stairs.

On the way down, I heard low speaking from my fiancé, prompting my speed on the steps to slow.

"Yeah....-" he laughed, a little too hard for my liking. "No, I got you, I promise.....Oh no, stop-" that laugh again. Rolling my eyes with a huff, I sped back up, making sure that the noise announced my presence. "Of course I-" he glanced behind him from the sofa that faced the floor to ceiling view. "Oh, got to go....talk to you soon. Bye." In my peripheral, as I swung open the fridge, I could see him stand to face me with a wiped smile. "Hi there, babygirl."

Taking a deep breath, accompanied by the cool air from the large refrigerator, I mustered a smile just like his before swiftly turning to face him. "Hi babe!"

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good." My face tried to act receptive as he walked up to me and kissed my cheek. He stood beside me, waiting for a greeting but I continued to face forward. "Where were you this morning?"

"Oh I went for a run-" I nodded, pursing my lips before reaching for an apple at the center of the island. "Came back here and made a few calls. Work isn't gonna do itself, ya know?" A kiss was placed on my temple before he paused, placing a hand on my back and shaking my body a bit. "Are you-"

"Who was that on the phone?"

Sighing, Micah withdrew his hand, then took both to my waist to turn my reluctant body to face him. His strong arms pulled me into a tight embrace as his face neared mine. With a face of slight annoyance, I looked past him, letting my arms hang by my side instead of sliding up his.

"A client." His answer was met with silence, and he then drew back to place a finger under my chin to shift my attention. "A male client."

"You didn't need to clarify-"