Chapter 40

Aria's POV:

Aria's POV:

Today, I was in good spirits. So much so that I decided to go to school, and earlier than eleven at that.

Did this cheeky attitude have something to do with my boyfriend making me feel like I could conquer the world last night? Maybe...

Feeling fresh and rejuvenated, I decided to put a little extra effort into my appearance today, just because. I'd stopped trying for school at this point in the year. Some sweatpants and a sweatshirt would always do the trick for that jailhouse they call a place of education.

Going with some tan high waisted jeans and this neutral colored, designed sheer shirt, I then threw on my Docs, gold jewelry, a messy bun, and headed out of my room.

To my surprise, Mo was already here in the kitchen, making......breakfast?

"We got company or something?" I asked in a hushed tone, brushing past him to get to the fridge.

My brother was cutting up fruit at the island counter. Before he could answer, a cheerful female voice came from the downstairs bathroom. My neck snapped her direction given I didn't recall having a sister.

"Hey, I love that hand soap in there, where did you ge-" she paused to acknowledge me with a smile. "Oh hi, you must be Aria, I'm Cheyenne!" She waved at me eagerly.

My mouth was slightly agape and my eyes were widened. I just stared at her for a second with amused disbelief. No way my idiot brother pulled someone this pretty, and nice.

I glanced between him and her before responding politely. "Hiii. You're my brother's girlfriend?"

We both turned to Mo, who appeared to be choking even though he wasn't eating or drinking anything. An intrigued smirk spread across my face. Cheyenne laughed it off a bit,

"Oh no, it's not like that. We're just friends," she said, flapping her hand.

Looking between them again, I smile. Mo looked up at me with pleading eyes, but I was reveling in this for sure.

"Just friends, huh?" My stare upon my brother was humorous. His lips pursed together while he cleared his throat,

"Aria, don't you have somewhere to be? You are still in school you know," he shot me a fake, sarcastic smile. I narrowed my eyes at him, still smirking,

"Sureee," I grabbed my things before turning to Cheyenne. "I guess I'll leave you two to it then." I made my way toward the door, waving at her. She waved back, smiling all hard,

"Byeee, nice meeting you!!"

"You too!" I just chuckled to myself, shutting the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~

Arriving at school at around 9:30, I walked right into the middle of second block. I had this class with both Sade and Hunter. None of us were ever in attendance though. I had fourth block with Sade as well. Given I hadn't seen or spoken to her, I hoped she'd be there. She should be okay now, right?