Chapter 59

Omniscient POV:

Omniscient POV:

Lauren arrived at Sade's high rise apartment with her bodyguard, Troy, at her side. Though she insisted she'd be fine and he had nothing to worry about, Troy simply ignored her pleas and did his job, like always. He'd let her have the day with Sade, like they agreed, but not until he made sure she made it there safely with his own eyes.

Micah would be out of town, on business, until Monday morning. He'd been gone since Thursday, and only spoke to Lauren once a day since. They'd gotten into a bit of a 'disagreement' as Lauren would like to call it, or tell herself to soften the reality. The day he left, he did just that; no goodbye, no letter, nothing. He was just gone as if he'd never come back. But she knew better, he always did. Lauren didn't mind one bit though. She enjoyed the time to herself and the stress and anxiety free moments. She felt more free and relaxed in the absence of his presence. And when finding that she'd be seeing Sade today, on Friday evening, she'd been internally over the moon.

Lauren told her assistant, Fallon, to make sure everything for the following week was set and in order by the end of the weekend. Her first few days in New York, she was off, then had a full work week, and would leave for Atlanta the following weekend. Sure she'd have a break these few days, but it was only because the next two months would be nonstop business. Not only was she glad for the free time, but her excitement that it'd be spent with a fond friend would be hard to hide.

The two walked to the end of a long hallway, Troy in front, before arriving at the apartment door.

Sade's residence was on the twenty fifth floor, out of thirty in all. And the building itself was beautiful, screaming luxury at every turn. If you're unfamiliar with New York's infrastructure, you'd mistake it for a five star hotel. Lauren surely almost did.

Three knocks hit the door with Troy's fist and Lauren held her breath while looking around as if something else could occupy her attention and quiet her anxious thoughts.

Seconds later, the door swung open, revealing an almost ready Sade. Lauren couldn't help the smile tugging her lips.

 Lauren couldn't help the smile tugging her lips