Chapter 58

Lauren's POV:

Perhaps I've missed this, and them, more than I ever thought possible. Perhaps I've missed Sade more than I ever thought possible. Her smile, her voice, her laugh, her presence..... After breaking up years ago, I've done all I could to forget everything about her, and us, and just tried to push it all as far down in my memory as possible. Just to make it hurt an ounce less. It took forever, of course, but I did it.... Or at least I thought I did.

I'm supposed to be getting married soon, yet here I am, ready to throw it all away after a single look being shared between us. As everyone conversed and reminisced while eating, I shook my head and jabbed my fork into my food. I need to get it together. I can't be doing this now. And it doesn't help that ever since I acknowledged Micah's presence, she hasn't looked my way. I couldn't figure out why, if there was a reason at all. Was she mad at me?

Ten minutes later, after shared laughs, memories, and talk of future get-togethers, everyone was just about finished eating. The bill was brought to us and we looked around in confusion, seeing it was only one tab. Dylan claimed he was buying to which we all uproared our arguments for him not to. We were simply ignored with a laugh as he paid in cash, and wrote a note telling the server to keep the change. By the high quality looks of the restaurant, we looked at him in disbelief that he'd do such a thing. The hell does he do for work?!

Discreetly, he then shot Sade a look, and she simply nodded before looking in my direction, but past me. Though, I had no clue why, she cocked her head toward the entrance, then picked up her drink to mask her actions. Trying to hide a disappointed frown, I let my eyes fall to my lap.

Then, I felt a body nearing mine, and warmth near my ear,

"You keep looking at her. Why?" Micah whispered while being turned into me.

"I'm not sure what you mean Mic," I whispered back. He laid a firm hand on my leg and gently squeezed. Taking in a breath, I continued, "we haven't seen each other since high school Micah, I'm looking at everyone."

"Yeah, but not like that, and you know it-"

"I-"

"Listen. Don't fucking embarrass me Lauren-" the gentle squeeze on my leg had turned into a full on grip, making me wince a bit. "You got it?" I nodded. "I'd hate to remind you who the hell it is you're engaged to, so don't test me," he whispered then pulled back and removed his hand from under the table. A kiss was placed on my cheek and I closed my eyes, finally releasing the breath I'd been holding. Micah sat back in his seat as Dylan started speaking.

To my surprise, when I opened my eyes, Sade was now looking at me head on, and speaking to me through the contact. Answering her nonverbal question, I simply shook my head. However, from the looks of her still burning gaze, it wasn't being bought.

"I've got somewhere I want to take you," Dylan said to Aria, loud enough for us all to hear. "All of you really," he then said to the group.

"Where?" Aria asked. "Right now?"

Dylan nodded, beginning to stand. "Follow me babe." He then glanced behind them as they retreated from the table. "Come on y'all," he said.

Doing so, everyone stood to follow them.

"Walk slowly," Sade whispered, once the couple was out of earshot, looking around the table at each of us.

Confusion set across each of our faces until Hunter asked,

"Is he?-"

"Yes," Sade said knowingly.

"Oh sweet Jesus," Kingston muttered.