Yesterday

Right. Gonna get into yesterday properly today. Very detailed.

So I'm surprised I woke up early my sleeping pattern is a little over the place right now. But anyways, let's start off with yesterday and the key points that stayed in my brain.

Got to work and was listening to the handover and omg one of the patients came in for a circumcision and the lady doing the hand over randomly said "it's massive" we were all so shocked she said like whattt.

But anyways work was soooooo deaaaad from like 7am - 1pm. Honestly. One of the HCAs asked to go home on annual leave for the rest of the day (they didn't let him for some reason). It was extremely quiet. Like yeah it's cool getting paid to do nothing but I'd rather do something to learn and make the day go by quicker. Then the other HCAs went on break and they kept going on smoking breaks, they were cool and chill, but honestly I get on with the older people more 😂 the two hcas yesterday were around my age, one was 22 and the other 24/25. And that's when it started to get busy so I was busy from like 1-4pm which I didn't mind cos it gave me something to do.

I took cannula out and did obs and things and helped patients. I get on so well with patients. Omg one patient had her husband in with her visiting and they were around my parents age, I was leaving their room and I go "I'll be back" and the husband goes that's what Arnold Schwarzenegger says in terminator and I was like really I haven't seen it, and he kept mimicking what I said 😂 "I'll be back". So I said well I know what I'll be doing when I go home, watching terminator that's what. And for some reason they found that so funny💀

I was with another female patient and she also had her husband visiting and they had a very calm aura about them. She was telling me she used to play the piano and i brought up Einaudi and her eyes absolutely lit up when we were speaking of Einaudi and she was mentioning his songs and brought up Nefeli and I was like omg I love that piece!! I was in my element, piano & healthcare combined. That was probably the highlight of my working day. She told me to go to his concert even if it's expensive and when I go, to think of her. I completely forgot about his concert, probably because I realised I won't be able afford  it.

And then afterwards imagine, the entire e learning got reset cos apparently it resets every April. So I literally spent hours completing my last week only to do it all again yesterday. It was only about 12 more modules I had to do but I still haven't fully finished them, have like two modules left. I was at the computers sat with an older lady about 60 called Sue and she was LOVELY! I've noticed her around and she keeps to herself but I loved talking to her and it's such a small world. I was telling her about the place I had my GP placement and it turns out her daughter works at the physio there and I was like omg I know the physio you're on about, and I explained it exactly where it is, by a roundabout and Sainsbury's is on the left and sue was like omg yes. I was like what a small world!

Anyways me and her were chatting away and things whilst doing work on the computers and where we were sat, was in a corner room, like if anyone wanted to find us, they'd fully have to walk around to see us. So I'm casually talking to her and this guy called Nick walks in specifically to talk to me which meant he was literally looking for me.

Now I haven't mentioned nick in my diary before cos I didn't see the point. I don't think anything of him. Just thought he was a friendly receptionist who was telling me about his mixed heritage and that's that. But I had noticed him smiling and striking up a conversation with me every time I'd leave a patient ward or whatever and I did mention to Ilham and Honey that I think he may like me but maybe it's just me deeping it so I try and cut the conversation short and move on with what I have to do.

So anyways nick of all people, walks in the room me and sue are sat in, he goes "Salam Alaikum" he's not even Muslim but has Muslim family. And I said wa alaikumo Salam, cos I have to. Islamically, if someone says Salam to you, you have to say it back. Omg this reminds me of someone else in work I'll write about later lol.