#31. Captain » Chris

You knelt on the floor as the liter of puppies scampered around their mom. Your friend's dog had given birth to puppies a few weeks ago and, as a surprise, Chris decided to get you one.

You were both huge dog people, Chris already having one of his own. He decided that you should have a little doggy of your own, too.

"See one you like?" Chris asked as he crouched next to you.

"You sound like you're talking to a child," you joked.

"Well, I mean, I'm talking to you and you're close enough."

Chris laughed as you hit his arm. You turned back to look at the puppies. They were so adorable and small. It was hard to decide on just one, but you had to.

That's when one of the puppies came teetering up to you, it's recently open eyes set on your face. He stood his front paws on your knees and stretched before wagging his tail excitedly. You smiled and pet his small head. He leaned into your hand as you did so.

"I think he likes you," (Y/F/N) laughed.

"He's so cute," you say.

He was different than the rest of the puppies. The other puppies were white or grey with black paws, but this one was completely different. He was completely black with one white patch on his back. The white patch almost looked like a star.

"He's the one," you decide. "Chris, I like him."

"I guess we have a new member of the Evans-(Y/L/N) family then," Chris said. "What do I owe you for him?"

"Nothing," (Y/F/N) said. "You guys are friends. Plus, look at them."

You were holding the tiny pup in your arms and he was licking at your chin, causing you to giggle. You already loved him like a child. Chris chuckled.

"Come on, (Y/N)," he said.

You carry the puppy in your arms to the car. He excitedly runs around the back seat as Chris drives to the pet store to get some things for the pup.

"He's gonna need a name," Chris said, reaching back to quickly scratch the dog's head. "Have anything in mind?"

"Not really. You?"

"Nope."

"Well, you're no help."

Chris laughed and shook his head.

You decided to let the unnamed puppy explore the unknown premise of the pet store while Chris grabbed some dog food, a collar, a leash and etcetera for the dog.

You are to marvel at how adorably curious the dog was. He'd sniff something that was unfamiliar to him before waddling away to smell something else. He'd even stop to stare at something that caught his attention. You decided to take a toy off the shelf and throw it to him.

As the stuffed toy soared over the puppy's head, his ears perked up and his head shot up to look at the toy, lying inches away from him. For a moment, you almost regreted the decision as the toy was almost bigger than he was. But soon, the tiny pup jumped for the toy, barking happily as he laid on top of it and chewed down on the squeaker, filling the semi-silent store with loud squeaks.

You were giggled to yourself when you noticed a shadow casting over you. You turned to look at Chris, standing with his arms full of dog stuff. You smile innocently.

"He seems really energetic for only being a few weeks old," Chris mused. He got down beside you and called to the puppy, "Come here, boy. Bring the toy over."

The pup looked up at Chris, realizing he was talking to him.

"Come here," Chris repeated. "Come on, boy."

The puppy jumped off the toy and tugged it over to Chris.

"And incredibly obedient," you add. "We picked a good one."

"We're gonna have to pay for this toy now that he's gotten his puppy slobber all over it."

You wrinkle your nose in disgust as Chris holds up the toy, little patches of spit and slobber all over it.

"I'll get it," you say. "Come on, buddy, let's get this stuff paid for and get you home."

You pick up the puppy in one arm and bring the things to the counter to pay. After ringing in the collar, the man at the counter puts it on the puppy's neck.

"Got a name for him, yet?" Chris asks as he pays for everything (something you argued against but initially lost).

"I was thinking...maybe...Captian." The puppy's ears perk up, as if already familiar with the name. "That spot on his back that looks like a star, it reminds me of Caps shield. So, Captian."

Chris nodded. "Nice. Fits him, I think."

Chris pet Captains head, earning him a tiny bark. The two of you laugh as Captain excitedly wags his tail at you.

*******

I really want a puppy and I really wanna name it Captian.

Also, sorry if this sucked :/