#32. Femanazi » Steve

You and Steve were forced to go to some sort of event New York was holding to celebrate the Avengers; "Earth's mightiest heroes". Steve always scoffed at that title.

Steve didn't want to go, but you told him you would go with him if it made things more bearable. It didn't. For either of you.

All anyone wanted to do was talk to the Avengers. Steve was pulled away from you by some media show the moment you two showed up. The only other girl there was Natasha and Pepper, but Natasha was busy being questioned to death and Pepper was trying to keep Tony, who was already half drunk, away from the cameras.

You were beginning to regret this decision. You felt so out of place watching what looked like powerful business men talk about things that sounded like gibberish to you and watching as the Avengers were swarmed by fans and media.

You decided to slide into a conversation between a group of men who seemed to be laughing about something. They were oblivious to your arrival.

"So," one of them was saying. "that's when I said, 'Stop being such a woman! It's only a little needle!'"

You didn't find it all that funny, but the pack of men seemed to. In fact, you found it a bit offensive.

Sure, some people would say you overreacted to jokes like these, but, being an equalist (not a feminist), you didn't think jokes like those were right. What was funny about using the age old stereotype that women are weak? Heck! Natasha was tougher than any of the other Avengers combined, especially the Hulk, who grew almost three times in size and could crush anything in his path.

"I don't think that's all that funny," you found yourself saying. The group had gone silent and all eyes were on you. You felt your face heat up and you thought about backing away and acting like you never spoke. But now, you had their attention. No turning back. "I mean, what's funny about spreading stereotypes? I know women who are 10 times stronger than any of you here."

You felt proud of yourself. All the men looked stunned and they were all speechless. You hide your smirk by taking a sip of your wine.

"It was just a joke. Geez, what a femanazi."

You nearly choked.

Yet another term you couldn't stand. Femanazi. It was like comparing feminists, a group who can be a bit overbearing at times, to a group that killed millions of people just because.

You had never been called one before. It almost hurt a little. You were about to shrink away from the group in embarrassment when a voice raised over the noise to speak.

"Excuse me?!"

The men turned to see Steve standing there. He somehow managed to get away from the media and the adoring fans and somehow found you. He did not look pleased.

He pushed past the men to stand by your side. He wrapped an arm around your waist and held you to him, almost protectively.

"Hey look! Captain America!" the man who told the joke said. "Cheers to you, man!"

The others held their glasses of wine up as well and all said, "Cheers!"

"What did you just say to my girlfriend?" Steve demanded. Everyone's glasses went down and their faces almost paled.

"I just called her a femanazi," the man spoke again. "I told a joke and she got all pissed off-"

"I found it offensive," you shrug, trying not to make a big deal of it. "Let's just go."

"No," Steve said. He looked like he was fuming with anger. He was almost scaring you. You knew sticking around was not a good idea. You put a hand on Steve's arm, trying to get him to drop it, but he continued talking. "That term you used, femanazi. What would possibly compel you to use it? Do you even know what the Nazis did?"

The man opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. The other men were attempting to get away or seem like they weren't involved with what was going on. You couldn't blame them. You had never seen Steve that upset.

"They killed millions of innocent people because of their religion. If anything, they were monsters," Steve continued. "I seen what they did to people. Just because (Y/N) is standing up for what she believes, which is that whatever you said was offensive to her, doesn't give you the right to use that term. I hardly believe you can compare a feminist to a Nazi."

The other people around you had gone silent. You finally managed to pull Steve away to a private spot where it was just you two. You couldn't help but pull him for a big kiss.

"What was that for?" he asked when you pulled away.

"For saying what you said," you reply. "I mean, did you see that guy's face? He looked horrified!"

Steve chuckled. "Well, I didn't hear the joke or what you said, but I sure as hell know that nothing gave him the right to call you a 'femanazi'."

You smile and kiss Steve again.

*******

I saw a post about this on Tumblr and I had to make it an imagine.