#33. Dubsmash War » Chris

Your phone vibrated signaling a text message. You picked up your phone to see it was Clark Gregg, Chris' co-star from Avengers. It puzzled you. Clark didn't usually call or text you. But you intrigued you more was the two videos that were attached along with the message: "Just thought you'd like to see what your boyfriend has been up to".

You clicked the first video. You laughed when you seen "dubsmash" written in the bottom corner of the screen; the Dubsmash War.

The first video was Haley Atwell and James D'Arcy lip syncing to Another One Bites The Dust, with Chris joining in by popping up from behind his Captain America shield at the end. You thought it was hilarious and oddly adorable.

The second video: (I've Had) The Time Of My Life played while Haley and James pretended to be talking and laughed. In swoops Chris, taking Haley and dipping her and kissing her. Your eyes widened.

You texted Clark back: "wow"

Clark replied: "care to join me for the rebuttal?"

You weren't all that upset that Chris kissed Haley. He had done it in Captain America: The First Avenger, but that was before you two had started dating. But no, you weren't upset. Jealous? Maybe a little.

You reply: "I'm in"

You quickly grabbed your keys and raced out of the house, locking the door and not letting Chris know you had gone. If he got home before you did, he could sit in worry and wonder until you returned.

You drove to Clark's house. Upon arriving, you noticed another car was pulled into Clark's driveway. You figured it was Chloe Bennet, Clark's right hand woman in the Dubsmash War. You put your car into park and smirk to yourself. You already knew this was going to be great.

You walk up to the door and knock. Almost immediately, Clark answers. He had a serious look on his face, which made you chuckle.

"Were you followed?" he asked.

"No. Chris is still at work," you reply.

"Good, come in."

Clark steps aside and you enter.

"Bennet!" Clark calls. "Re-enforcements have arrived."

Chloe appears in the doorway of Clark's kitchen.

"(Y/N)," she said in a fake French accent. "Darling. How wonderful to see you. Thank you for coming."

"No problem," you laugh. "So, what's the plan? What's our rebuttal?"

Clark and Chloe exchange a look that makes you smile to yourself. You know they have something amazing already in store.

"Two words," Chloe replies. "Bad Blood."

To your surprise, it took 20 minutes to prepare and film the approximately 12 second video. While Chloe searched for and printed a picture of Haley on Clark's computer, Chris tried calling you three times. You didn't answer any of them. He then attempted to text you.

"just got home, where are you?" "why aren't you answering the phone? are you okay?" "babe, you're really starting to worry me"

You just chuckled every time he called or texted. He was in store for a big surprise.

After you three finally filmed the dubsmash and watched it a few times to make sure it was perfect (and to laugh), you were on your way home. Clark and Chloe thanked you again for coming and helping, you told them it was your pleasure (which it was).

The moment you opened the door to your and Chris' shared home, you heard his voice.

"(Y/N)?!"

You giggle at the concern in his voice.

Chris appears from around the corner, still dressed in his Captain America uniform. You couldn't help but take in how the outfit hugged his every curve in the perfect way.

"Where have you been?!" he asked. "I was worried something happened. Why weren't you answering your phone?"

You held up a finger, which actually stopped Chris' rambling. You pull your phone from your pocket and open the Instagram app. You find Clark's profile and click his latest video, which is your guys' dubsmash.

The caption read: "well played @realhaleyatwell but if you get to use a surprise guest, then so do we #itson #dubsmashwar #nowwegotbadblood"

You turn the phone for Chris to see.

"Cause baby, now we got bad blood," Clark and Chloe lip sync. The two stand next to each other, shoulder to shoulder, blocking you standing behind them. "You know, it used to be mad love. So take a look what you've done."

Clark and Chloe move to reveal you standing with a picture of Haley dressed as Peggy. As you lip sync the next part ("Cause baby, now we got bad blood, hey!"), you rip the picture of Haley and make an angry face.

The video loops back to the start as you take your phone back from Chris and you like the video.

"So," Chris says. "I guess you saw our videos then."

"Clark sent them to me," you reply. "Obviously, I'm not overly famous and a huge heartthrob or anything, but I think they have a huge chance with that video. I'm excited to see the reaction."

Chris approaches you and wraps his arms around the small of your back. "Are you mad at me?"

You shake your head. "I'm not mad. I was a little jealous, but it's your job to kiss beautiful women on camera. If I got mad every time you kissed another girl, I think you'd go insane and dump me in a heartbeat."

Chris smiles and leans down to press his lips to yours. You wrap your arms around his neck and stand on your toes to try and deepen the kiss.

"I love you," he whispers against your lips.

"I love you more," you whisper back. "I also really love your suit."

Chris chuckles and looks down at his Captain America suit.

"But I'd prefer it on the floor of our bedroom."

Chris smirks at you. "I like the way you think."

*******

The dubsmash war is actually so amazing I had to write an imagine about it.

Who do you guys think is winning the War (if you've seen any of the Dubsmashs): Haley and James/Marvel's Agent Carter or Clark and Chloe/Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D? I can't decide, both are too good!