#18. The Bakery » Chris

The first thing that woke you was the morning sun. It was about 6:30 in the morning. The rising sun was shining through the half open blinds. You smile as you blink awake and roll over to face your amazing boyfriend, Chris.

"Chris," you whisper. "Chriiiiis. Wake up."

Chris makes a noise and rolls to have his back to you. You giggle and prop yourself up on your elbow.

"Babe, wake up," you say. "The bakery is gonna be open in a few minutes and I wanna get down there before anyone else wakes up."

On weekends when Chris wasn't busy with filming or anything and you didn't have work, you two liked to go down to a bakery not too far from your place to have something to eat for breakfast.

Chris rolled back to look at you and smiled.

"Morning," you say.

"Morning," he says. "Alright, let's get up."

You both get up and pull on something to wear. You decide to wear one of Chris' sweaters as it was mid November and the winter chill was arriving.

Once you two were ready, you exit the house and begin walking down the road. The street was illuminated by the rising sun, the sky was a shade of yellow and orange. The cool air nipped at your cheeks, causing you to wrap your arms around Chris' arm for warmth. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around your shoulders, pulling you close to him.

You two arrived at the bakery just as the owner, Benjamin, was opening it.

"Well, hello you two. You're early," Benjamin said.

"Someone-" Chris paused to look down at you. "-wanted to get down here just as you were opening so we could have a peaceful breakfast."

"I can understand that," Benjamin laughed. "Come on in. On the house for my two favorite customers."

"Thank you, Benjamin," you say as the three of you enter.

You and Chris get two bagels and you get a muffin for desert. You two stand outside of the bakery and eat your food. You watch as the city begins to wake up. Blinds in apartments open, people begin making their way to work.

You put your head against Chris' arm as you pick at your bagel.

"What are you thinking about?" Chris asks.

"I love how peaceful all this is," you reply. "That's why I like coming down here. We get to be together, alone. No paparazzi, no work. Just me and you. And that's why I like coming down here."

Chris smiles and kisses your forehead. You bury his face into his chest.

"We should make this a daily thing," Chris says. "Who cares if you're a little late for work? It's not like your boss will care."

You smile. You like that idea.

And so, that's what you two do. When Chris isn't off filming or doing interviews, you two go to the bakery daily. It becomes your thing. A tradition, if you will.

One day, Benjamin retires and sells you the bakery. You decide to rename it to Early Morning Bakery.

*******

I don't think this one is the best imagine either. Meh :/