#17. Carter's Sister » Steve

Kerry Carter sat in one of those dance clubs for soldiers and their girls. She watched as happy couples danced together, smiling at each other, happy that they had another night together before the soldiers were shipped out.

Kerry and her sister, Peggy, were about to go off to train some soldiers for this Super Soldier Serum that had been created. She came to the club in hopes that someone would ask her to dance. Big mistake.

Just as she was about to leave, a shorter man that was deathly skinny and had blonde hair sat next to her at the bar.

"Ma'am," he said with a nod. Kerry nodded back. The man ordered something to drink. "What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?"

"Who says I'm alone?" Kerry asked.

"Oh, sorry. I just thought-"

Kerry cut him off with a laugh. "I'm only kidding. I am here alone. I'm not in a relationship with anyone, that's why I'm here alone. I was hoping to meet someone tonight, but it looks like that's not happening."

The bartender brought the man his drink and refilled Kerry's glass.

"I'm Kerry, by the way," she said and extended her hand to the man.

"Steve Rogers," he said and shook her hand. "By the way, you can say it."

"Say what?"

Steve gestured to himself and said, "About my size. People always ask or say something about it. So, to answer any questions: no there's nothing wrong with me, no I don't go to the gym and definitely no, I don't have a girlfriend."

"I wasn't going to ask," Kerry said. "But-uh-nice to know."

Steve chuckled and took a sip of his drink. Kerry looked over her shoulder at the couples dancing. She always used to imagine herself like that when she was little. Dancing with a solider, her boyfriend or even husband.

But, she wasn't. She was the soldier off to help fight in a war, single and alone. Well, other than Peggy.

Steve turned to see what Kerry was looking at. He turned back to take another sip from his glass.

"You ever been dancing?" he asked. Kerry shook her head.

"No," she replied.

"How come? I always thought a pretty girl like you would have all sorts of guys asking for a dance."

Kerry shrugged and replied, "I just haven't found the right partner."

Steve looked up at her. That's always what he had told Bucky.

Steve was trying to get up his courage to ask Kerry to dance when she checked her watch. She passed her glass back to the bartender and paid for her tab. She collected her coat and smiled at Steve.

"I must get going. I have to wake up early tomorrow," she told him. "Nice to meet you, though. I hope we cross paths again."

"Me too," Steve said.

Kerry smiled and walked off, her heels clicking on the wooden floor with every step she took. Steve watched her go, wishing he had asked her to dance.

The next day, Kerry and Peggy were getting to know the recruits for the Super Soldier training. Kerry was passing out clipboards to the recurits, getting looks and wolf whistles from each of the recruits. She leanred how to ignore them.

Finally, she came up to one recruit that looked familiar.

"Steve?" she questioned.

Steve looked up at her. "Kerry?"

*******

Hey guys. First off, this imagine sucks and I apologize.

So, requests are closed until further notice. I just started school again and I have so many requests to do. Once I finish the requests that have to be written, I'll open requests again. Until then, they are closed. Sorry!