#52. Rumor Has It (Part 3) » Chris *SLIGHT SMUT*

You paced back and forth in your living room, waiting for Chris to arrive. He hadn't replied to your text, but you knew he had seen it. Ellen had ended a little while ago and you figured Chris was on his way over. Either that or he ignored your text fully.

You still weren't sure what you were going to say to him. You understood that he loved you, and you loved him too, but how were you supposed to trust him after what happened? He could've told you he had met up with Minka instead of waiting until the photos got out. He especially should have told you when he knew paparazzi took the pictures.

Suddenly, your front door opened and Chris stood there. You stopped pacing and turned to look at him. Now was the time to figure everything out.

"I'm sorry," he started. "I was hoping to be here sooner, but I got stuck in traffic..." he trailed off to look at you. You tried to seem a bit more upset, so you crossed your arms. "(Y/N), you gotta believe me, I'm so sorry about everything that happened. There's nothing between me and Minka, not anymore. That is long over."

"Then why did you go see her?" you ask.

"It's a long story."

"You got 5 minutes starting now." To add an extra effect, you look down at your watch.

"She texted me one day. It was the first time since our split, I promise. Apparently her publicist or manager or whatever was contacted by a tabloid magazine for a statement about our rekindling relationship. Both her and her manager tried to reason with the magazine not to post it because it wasn't true and Minka and I hadn't seen each other in forever and, like I said on Ellen, she's with someone else too. But the magazine was set on it and they were going to post it even without mine and Minka's consent and even said they were going to send you and Minka's boyfriend a copy once it was out. They were just plain assholes! Anyways, Minka texted me and begged me to meet up with her and her manager so we could figure out something to do and someway to get the magazine to back off. I was going to tell you about it when we were both home because neither one of us knew what to do and the magazine just wouldn't back off and I didn't want it to be published and you get the wrong idea. Then MY manager, not Minka, messaged me to tell me apparently they weren't going to publish the story because they had something else, so I sort of dropped it. However, it seems like that other story was the pictures that was taken as we were leaving the place and their original story just with 'evidence'." Chris pauses to take a breath. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), you have to know that. I was going to tell you, I promise, but things got so out of hand."

Hearing his story, you felt your anger and your hurt slowly beginning to fade away. He hadn't snuck behind your back, he was just trying to save you from getting hurt. Yeah, you still were upset because he forgot to tell you that he met up with Minka, but at least he intended to and didn't just completely decide to leave you in the dark.

And he hadn't met with Minka alone. Her manager was there. There was someone else in the pictures of Chris and Minka, you remembered that. It must've been her manager.

You looked up from your watch to Chris and suddenly, the only thing you felt for him was love.

"That was 4 minutes," you say. "You have one extra minute."

Chris opens his mouth to reply but you quickly cut him off by kissing him. Chris quickly wrapped his arms around you and held you to him. He was squeezing you so tightly that you felt like you were going to pop, but you didn't care anymore. You were glad to finally be back in his arms like this.

You felt your back lightly press against your wall as the loving kiss soon turning into something more passionate. You were clutching Chris' shirt, desiring to take it off of him. He picked you up and wrapped your legs around his waist. He broke away from the kiss long enough to pull his shirt off before his lips attaching to yours again, like magnets.

A moment later, Chris pulled away again to say, "How about I put that extra minute to good use?"

You giggle. "Honey, we both know you need much longer than one minute."

Chris smiled before carrying you to the bedroom.

§§§§§

A lot longer than a minute later, you and Chris were tangled in sheets and in each other. It was like the whole thing with Minka was completely erased from your memories and the only thing on your minds was how each of your bodies felt when they were that close.

You had your head on Chris' chest as you traced every line of his toned body, memorizing every curve of his muscles and his abs using touch. Chris' fingers were also tracing shapes on your back, leaving chills over every part of your body he touched.

"So," Chris said, finally breaking the silence. "what does this mean? You forgive me...or - "

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask," you say, looking up at Chris. "This means that you have a bit of a road to go before I can full forgive you and trust you again. I understand that you didn't mean to cause any of this and, ironically enough, this was all started because you were trying to end the rumors about you and Minka, but instead of waiting to tell me, you should've told me the moment you got the message."

Chris nodded. "I know, I understand that. I'm so - "

"Stop apologizing," you giggle and quickly kiss him to shut him up. "I love you, Chris. I don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you, either," Chris said, pushing a stand of hair behind your ear. "I promise, babe, no more secrets. Next time something like this happens, which will hopefully be never, I'll tell you right away. And I love you, too."

You smile and kiss him again.

Like you said, it was going to be a while before you could fully trust Chris again, but you believed him when he said he loved you and he didn't want to lose you. And you loved him so much, you knew you couldn't lose him either.

*****

THE END! (of this imagine anyways. Requests coming soon!)