#82. Christmas Presents » Chris

Things are slightly changed, Endgame is released closer to Christmas in this imagine.

It was a weird feeling to be standing with the original 6 Avengers for the last time, doing one last press tour as the original 6. Well, the last time for three of the 6, Hemsworth had recently renewed his MCU contract (although it hadn't been announced to the world yet because that would spoil Endgame) and Renner had his own Disney+ show in the works. Mark was still debating whether or not he was ready to hang up the role of Bruce Banner for good, or if he was going to return.

As for Chris, Robert and Scarlett, it was the final press tour with their original 6 family, and it was quite an emotional time.

"Oh, don't go crying on me now, Evans," Robert teased when he noticed the expression on Chris' face. "You either, Scarlett. This isn't goodbye, you both know that. I'm going to be bugging you both until I'm old and gray."

"And that's why I cry," Scarlett teased.

"Don't you mean older and grayer?" Chris asked, causing Robert to hit him before walking away. Chris and Scarlett laughed at his reaction, but was quickly cut off by Chris' phone ringing. "Oh, that's (Y/N). I'll be right back."

"Tell her I said hello!" Scarlett called after Chris as he went to find a quiet place to answer (Y/N)'s phone call.

(Y/N) was Chris' fiancé of two and a half years, and a US Marine. They were hoping to have been married before (Y/N) had to leave again, but her new tour started earlier than expected and (Y/N) was off before they could even plan a date. Originally, it was supposed to be a short, year long tour, then the tour was extended. (Y/N) tried to get a brief discharge in order to visit Chris and maybe have a quick wedding, but it was null.

Chris hated being so far away from (Y/N) for so long. He was grateful to be able to call her, to FaceTime her, and being able to contact her when they were both free, but he wanted nothing more than to hold her, to kiss her, to see her walking down the aisle to him in a white dress.

"Hey baby," Chris answered. "How are you?"

"Hi, babe," (Y/N)'s voice said. Chris couldn't help but smile when he heard it. "I'm good! How are you? How's the press tour going?"

"It's going good!" Chris responded. "Feels weird that it's my last Marvel press tour, but it's going good. Robert's trying his best to keep us all happy and not thinking about the downside. I'm about to go out on stage to do a panel actually."

"That's awesome, baby!" (Y/N) said. "I wish I could be there to see it. I hope I can get some time to come see the movie before it's spoiled for me. All the officers are talking about how excited they are to see it, they keep telling me they're going to spoil the whole movie for me."

"I'll try and send you a special copy of it if I can so you don't have to wait," Chris said. In the distance, he could see Scarlett waving to him, signaling that the panel was about to start. Chris' heart dropped, realizing he was going to have to hang up the phone, unsure of when he'd hear (Y/N)'s voice again. "I'm so sorry, baby, they're giving me the signal that the panel is starting. I'll be done in like an hour, will you have the time to call me again?"

"I don't know, Chris," (Y/N) sighed. "Reception and wifi is spotty at the new base, I'm not sure when I'll be in an area that I can call you again."

Chris let out a heavy sigh. "Okay. Just call me when you can. I love you."

"I love you, too, Chris."