#21. Jumping In The Harbor » Colin

I looked into the calm water, shimmering under the full moon. My heart was pounding in fear. This was a bad idea. How did I ever let Colin convince me to do this?

Let's back up a bit. So, I was sitting in my boyfriend's apartment with him, watching TV and the conversation somehow turn to jumping in the harbor. I told Colin I had never done it before, which shocked it. Before I knew it, I was in the passenger seat of his car and we were driving to the harbor.

I felt excited at first. It felt so risky and liberating. But when we got there, I started questioning myself and if I should do it. My mind started wandering, thinking of every possible thing that could go wrong. Suddenly, jumping in the harbor didn't seem as liberating anymore.

Colin, however, couldn't get undressed fast enough. He yanked his hoodie over his head and pulled his jeans off.

"Come on, Ronnie!" he said. "You can't jump in like that."

"What?" I questioned. "You never said I had to jump in naked."

"Well, yeah! The whole point of jumping in the harbor is doing it naked. Didn't you know that?"

"No!"

This brought a whole new set of bad thoughts to my head. What if someone saw me naked? I know it was unlikely but anyone could pull up at any minute and I don't want anyone to catch me naked!

Colin, however, obviously had no problem with this as he was already stripped down to his birthday suit and was jumping in the water. I watched as he resurfaced and exclaimed at the cold.

"Come on, Ronica! Jump in!" he called.

"I don't, Colin," I told him.

"Nothing will happen to you. I promise."

This, somehow, reassured me. I slowly began pulling my t-shirt over my head. The wind hit me like a brick and I immediately shivered. Might as well get this over with.

I yanked off my clothes and threw them with Colin's. I took a deep breath and jumped into the water before I could second guess myself anymore.

My body went numb as the water enclosed me in it's icy grasp. I slowly resurfaced, my teeth chattering the moment my head was out of the water. Colin laughed and applauded me. I wrapped my arms around my naked torso, trying to warm myself.

"See? It wasn't that bad!" he said. I shook my head, unable to form any words. "Come here."

Colin wrapped his arms around my naked body and pulled it to his. Despite the cold water, his body was really warm. I set my head on his chest and listened to his heart beating.

This jumping in the harbor thing wasn't so bad. I was actually glad I did it. The scenery was beautiful and being there with Colin made things even better.

I felt Colin kiss my forehead before whispering, "Wanna go home so I can warm you up the right way?"

I looked up at him and smirked. "Of course."