Prompt Request #7

Request: Steve x Reader for 15

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Being the daughter of one Tony Stark had many advantages, one of them being getting your own Iron Man suit and, after a long fight with your father, getting to join the Avengers.

You were dubbed Iron Daughter by the public and, unfortunately, it stuck. It wasn't your favorite title but it was the only thing you really had. You got to join the group in their battles, which was honestly the highlight of your days, hell maybe even the highlight of your life really.

The battle in New York was your first big mission and, while you were super nervous, you knew that wasn't going to help anyone. Wrapped in the protective armor of your Iron suit, you flew high over New York, battling aliens left and right. They were riding on gliders, trying to knock you down, but you easily dodged them and shot them down.

One flew scarily close to you and you missed the shot due to your shock.

"Careful, kid," came the voice of her father.

"Don't worry, I'm a professional," you assured him, although that was far from the truth.

"Professional at spending my money, maybe," Tony's voice spoke again. "Seriously, (Y/N), be careful. Fly closer to the ground, help some of the civilians."

"Cap got the civilians," you told him. "I can cover more of the aliens up here. I'm knocking them down, it was just one missed shot. I'll do better."

"You don't need to do better, (Y/N), you need to stay safe. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'll be fine, dad," you insisted, shooting another alien and hitting it perfectly. It fell from it's glider, which continued to move without it. "Free flying glider for any non-flying Avengers."

"It's mine," Natasha announced.

In the distance, you watched her on the top of a building running to the edge and throwing herself towards the glider. She landed, causing the glider to tumble a bit under her weight. You started flying towards her to help her, but she gained control of the glider quickly after and flew herself towards Stark Tower.

"Yeah!" you exclaimed excitedly, unable to help yourself.

"(Y/N), watch out behind you!" came Steve's voice in your com.

You turned around in time to see the giant, centipede looking alien flying towards you. You aimed to shoot at it but before you could, it moved and swatted you out of the sky as if you were the bug. You were tumbling towards the ground, desperately trying to get your suit to come back online. But by the time it started to power back up, you hit the ground and everything went black.

§§§

You weren't sure how long you had been out. Long enough for everything to hurt like a bitch, especially your head. You were laid out on a table somewhere, with a bright light looking down on you. You blinked before reaching a hand up and pushing the light away, gritting your teeth as the movement sent fiery pain through your entire body.

You laid down flat again. The table was very comfortable, you never wanted to move from there.

Someone moved beside you and you jumped, not realizing anyone else was there with you.