#85. Get Away » Chris

I looked over at Chris for the millionth time, opening my mouth to ask him where we were going only for him to tell me to "just wait" yet again. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily.

That morning, Chris woke me up and told me to get dressed and ready to go. When I asked him where we were going, he said, "It's a surprise" and raced off. When I finally got ready, he had the car packed with our bags and was waiting for me to get in. I asked him yet again but, yet again, he told me, "Just wait, it's a surprise".

So that's how I found myself sitting in the passenger seat nearly an hour later, driving somewhere that I didn't recognize with absolutely zero idea of what was happening. But, Chris looked incredibly happy and excited about whatever was happening, so I was just letting him have this one.

Finally, he pulled into a dirt road and after a slow drive far away from the road, we came up to a log cabin. Chris stopped the car and turned it off, jumping out excitedly. I followed, taking in the beautiful, isolated cabin.

"Chris, what is this?" I asked.

"It's a cabin I bought," he explained. "I've been looking for a get away for the two of us for a while. Somewhere away from the threat of paparazzi and fans ruining our get away. So, I found this log cabin for sale. There's a pond down around the back that we can go swimming in, it's far away from the public eye, it has a fire pit and a deck with a hot tub. I thought maybe we could get away for a few days, and whenever life gets to be too much it's here for us to get away to." Finally, he paused and looked at me. "What do you think?"

I managed to tear my eyes away from the cabin to look at Chris, a wide smile spread across my face. "I think it's beautiful. And it's a fantastic surprise."

Chris smiled, too, and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead before grabbing our bags and heading into the cabin.

It was a small, three bedroom, one bathroom place, with an attached kitchen and living room. The door to the deck was in the kitchen, and when you stepped out it was a deck big enough to fit a hot tub, and just off the deck was a small fire pit. Then, beyond what was our property, was trees, and through the trees I could hear the running water of the pond Chris had been talking about.

Chris and I started putting the clothes we brought with us away and making the cabin feel a bit more home like. We spent some time watching DVDs until Chris decided he was going to barbecue for dinner. As he went out to start up the grill, I smirked to myself and went to my room to grab the bikini Chris had packed for me.

I walked out onto the deck with a towel hanging off my arm and hit a button on the hot tub to start it up. Upon hearing the sound of the water rippling, Chris turned to look at me. His eyes widened and I giggled.

"I decided to get into the hot tub while I wait," I told him. "Just to make sure it works and all."

I stepped into the hot tub and immediately sighed happily as the hot water touched my skin. I sunk down onto the bench in the hot tub with my back against one of the jets, which massaged my back. I smiled to myself and rested my head back against the back of the hot tub.

"So, is it safe to assume you like the place?" Chris asked. When I opened my eyes to look at him, he was smiling happily.

"I love it," I assured him. "I've always wanted a secret get away for just the two of us, away from the life of paparazzi and mobbing fans and seeing your face on every billboard in downtown LA at least once a year. I see enough of that ugly mug in person."

Chris stuck his tongue out at me and I giggled, sinking lower into the hot tub until I was neck deep. The jet started to massage my back, to which I sighed in relief about. I didn't want to ever leave the hot tub, even if it did make me all pruny.

"Well, what if we move out here?"

I raised an eyebrow at Chris. "When?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Not any time soon. I have a few movies down the line that I want to film, and I want to direct a couple again at some point. But eventually, I'd like to settle down and get married to you. Have kids, if you'd like that. And I don't want them to be put in the spotlight because of me. I'd like to finish my acting career and leave LA behind. Maybe not keep this place, maybe move back to Boston in a small house off the grid. Somewhere that my family could always visit, and of course we'll fly your parents out to visit whenever they want."

Chris paused, realizing he was rambling, and turned to look at me. "What do you think?"

I smiled brightly and sat up, moving towards the edge of the hot tub closest to Chris. I put my arms on the edge and rested my head on them, looking up at Chris through my eyelashes.

"I think," I started, "that you should finish making dinner, then put on your bathing suit and join me in the hot tub. We can start...practicing for these future kids you want."

Chris smiled brightly like a kid in a candy store. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Okay these drabbles are going to continue. There's another imagine after this one that I am willing to bet will be a drabble. I hope you guys liked this either way. Dedicated to tanijatasnim