#75. Whoops? (Part 2)

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Chris Evans and Sofia Somerhalder!"

Chris and I were holding hands as we walked onto Ellen's set, smiling and waving at the cheering audience. It had been two years since the infamous interview with Ian on this same set, and now Ellen had booked myself and Chris - still together! - for promo for our new movie together; a rom-com.

We sat down next to each other on the couch across from Ellen, still smiling and chuckling at the crowd, that were still going insane. Despite it being two years later, and Chris and I had been public for two years, it was rare for the two of us to be out together like this. We were usually each other's dates to movie premieres and award shows, but besides holding hands and embracing, we had never showed much PDA. And we had been really great at hiding from paparazzi when going 0n dates.

So, to see us out together in any capacity, such as an interview on the Ellen show for our upcoming rom-com, drove people wild.

When the crowd finally calmed down, Ellen spoke, "Hey you two! Good to see you both. Good to have you back, Sofia, after two years!"

"That's crazy!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe it's been two years!"

"And your career has been doing great," Ellen continued. "After the finale of Vampire Diaries, you were almost immediately picked up for a role in Netflix's Orange Is the New Black, which you're still on. You're currently a reoccurring character in CW's Riverdale. On top of all of this, you've had quite a few film roles, such as this upcoming movie, along side your boyfriend of almost four years, Chris Evans!"

The crowd cheered as I stood and did a mock bow, and sat back down.

"Yeah, it's been an eventful two years," I said. "Not as eventful as this guy, though. I mean, have you seen those Marvel movies? It's just one right after another."

The crowd chuckled and cheered.

"Now, speaking of Marvel," Ellen started, "Chris, you recently finished your run as Captain America, and this will be your first movie since Avengers 4. How does it feel to know you're finished with that chapter in your life?"

I looked over at Chris, who sighed heavily. While he was relieved to be finished with the Marvel part of his life so he could move on to do other things, Chris loved playing Steve Rogers. He loved playing the character and it was such a big chunk of his career.

"Well, for one, it's kind of bittersweet to leave that part of my life behind," Chris responded. "I loved being Steve Rogers, but I am ready to venture off and do something other than that. And I think this movie was the perfect start, too, because it's an amazing movie that will have you laughing while also tugging at your heart strings, and I get to star in it with my wife, so it's even better."

The minute the words were out of Chris' mouth, I put my head down in my hands. Did this really just happen again? Two years later, on the same damn talk show!

"Wait, wait, wait," Ellen said. "'My wife'?"

Chris' face was suddenly more rosy than before, but he acted quickly, fake laughing and saying, "Sorry, I said my wife, didn't I? I've kinda been saying that a lot recently. Having Sofia living with me and being together so much lately due to the movie and the press tours and such, it's kind of like having her as my wife."