#50. Meet The Family » Chris

Chris tapped the plane seat armrest while his leg bounced at the same time. I knew there was no use in telling him to calm down because of his anxiety. The only thing I knew to do was to hold his hand to stop it from tapping. Without taking his eyes off of the seat in front of us, Chris tightened his grip on my hand and squeezed.

He had finally gotten a break from filming with MCU and was coming with me to visit my home of Austin, Texas. And to meet my siblings.

I was the middle of 5 children; two older brothers, one older sister and one younger sister. And they were all pretty protective over me, especially my oldest brother, who used to be the best wrestler on our high school wrestling team. Chris was still older by about 2 years and slightly bigger in muscles, but he was still worried.

When the plane landed and came to a complete stop, I could've swore Chris nearly jumped out of his skin. I put my free hand on his shoulder.

"Chris," I said, soothingly. "It's gonna be okay."

"What if they don't like me?" Chris asked.

"Who cares? I like you," I shrugged. "Just as long as you don't break my heart, they'll love you."

I kissed his cheek before unbuckling my seatbelt and standing up to get my stuff from the overhead compartment. Chris continued to pick at the seatbelt buckle, waisting time before having to unbuckle. Finally, he undid his seatbelt and we walked off the plane together.

As we came down over the escalator, I searched the crowd of waiting family and friends for whoever was picking me up. Finally, I seen my older sister, Celestine (also known as Toni) holding a sign that read "Squirt & Co.". I laughed and rolled my eyes before racing to give her a big hug.

"Hey there squirt," she said. "Although, I guess I can't call you that anymore. You're nearly taller than me!" We both laughed, then Toni turned to look at Chris, who was standing awkwardly behind me with his hands in his pockets and his head down. "You must be the famous boyfriend then." She extended her hand. "I'm Celestine, the favorite."

"You wish!" I teased, giving her a slight shove.

Chris chuckled. "It's nice to meet you. Chloe talks about you guys all the time."

Toni smiled at Chris before turning back to me. "Let's go grab your bags and bring you home. The guys are so excited to see you again."

I glanced at Chris over my shoulder. He seemed slightly more awkward now. I linked my arm with his and gave him another kiss on the cheek.

The two of us got our bags and put them into Toni's car. The ride to our old family home, in which Toni lived in now, was full of chatter, mainly from Toni. She asked Chris about being an actor and what was next for Captain America (she was a Marvel fan), she asked me how LA was, she asked how long we'd both be visiting.

The more Toni talked, the less tense Chris became, which made me a little less tense, too. I was worried he'd spend this whole trip stressing out over what my siblings thought of him, even though I kept telling him they'd like him.

We pulled up to the house. I recognized Jake and Ejay's cars parked on the side of the road right in front of the house. Suddenly, I was feeling anxious, too. But not a bad kind of anxious. An excited kind. Like I couldn't wait to run in there and see my brothers and my baby sis.

The moment Toni had the car turned off, I was out the door and into the house.

"Squirt is home!" I announced as I ran through the door.

"Chloe!" came the voice of my little sister, Catherine, first. The next thing I know, I have a 14 year old bounding from wherever she was into the porch and nearly tackling me to the ground with a hug. I laughed and squeezed my little sister.