#66. Whoops? » Chris

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our next guests: Ian and Sofia Somerhalder!"

The crowd cheered as my brother, Ian, and I took the stage on the Ellen Degeneres Show. We were promoting the final season of our TV show The Vampire Diaries. A bittersweet occasion, but like they say, all good things must come to an end.

I hugged Ellen first, then Ian. We waved at the cheering crowd before taking our seats. The crowd took a moment to quiet down before the interview started.

"Welcome to the show!" Ellen said to the two of us.

"Thank you, and thank you for having us," Ian said. I nodded along.

"So, you two are here for the series finale of The Vampire Diaries," Ellen started. "What was it like to film this final season after 8 years?"

"I feel like I can't really talk much about this question, because I only joined the show in season 5," I started. "But even then, it was a very emotional and bittersweet moment to film our last scenes with one another and to play these characters for the last time."

"Yeah, that's about right for all of us," Ian agreed. "But I think fans will enjoy the series finale. I think they'll like how the show ends and how the stories of each of the characters end."

Of course, it doesn't take long before talking about the show shifts to talking about both mine and Ian's love lives. Ellen started the question by saying, "Now, Ian, you've been married now for the past two years to the beautiful Nikki Reed."

The crowd cheered and "awe"d as Ellen put up a picture of Nikki and Ian on their wedding day. I watched my big brother smile at the picture and I couldn't help but smile myself. I know it's super corny, but Nikki and Ian were basically my couple goals and I hoped to be as cute at them one day.

Unlike Ian, I wasn't super public with my relationship with the one and only Captain America himself, Chris Evans. We had been dating for the past year and a half, after meeting at an award show after party. It took Chris and I an hour of talking and about 4 drinks each to decide we were going to start "dating". And the next day, after suffering the worst hangover I've had to date, I called Chris to apologize for the night before.

"You don't have to apologize," Chris said with a laugh. "But if you're still thinking about that dating thing, I'd love to take you on a proper first date."

Chris and I always said we were going to keep our relationship private at least for the first year. There was no real reasoning behind it, we just wanted some privacy. With Chris being a huge actor due to the Marvel series, and my career having taken off after The Vampire Diaries, privacy was basically wishful thinking at this point. But we had managed to do well, and we were enjoying the privacy, so we just never came out about our relationship.

"You guys are too cute," I commented, bringing Ian's attention back to the interview. "I hope I have a cute relationship like yours one day."

"Well, you and Chris are pretty cute together," Ian said. The moment the words were out of his mouth, Ian covered his mouth with his hand and his eyes widened in surprise. My jaw dropped as I stared at him, not sure if I should feel angry or not.

Did he just?!

"Wait," Ellen said, leaning forward in her seat. "Did Ian just say that you're in a relationship, Sofia?"