#5. Seasons Of Love » Chris

*I had a dream about this last night and I had to write it into an imagine and extend it a bit*

You were at a cute little diner that had a piano in the middle for entertainment. You had been stood up by a guy you had met on the internet. Stupid internet dating, you thought to yourself. Never doing it again.

You had ordered just a coffee and continued to wait, although knowing full well your date was never going to show up. There was currently a man that looked to be in his late 30s sitting at the piano playing some random song you didn't know. After an hour of waiting, you got up to pay for your coffee.

As you were paying, the man began to play another song. You turned to look at him over your shoulder. You knew the song. It was from your favorite musical, Rent. You began to approach the piano as he played the opening.

"Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. Five hundred, twenty five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year?" you absent mindedly sang. You couldn't help you. You always sang this when it was on.

You hadn't noticed the diner had became silent as you sang. You were getting too into the song.

"In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter and strife. And five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. How do you measure a year in the life? How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of love. Seasons of love."

You smiled to yourself as everyone, the employees, the customers, even the piano player applauded you. You thanked the piano player for allowing you to sing and stepped back down to pay for your coffee.

"You're really good."

You looked up to see a man leaning against the counter. He smiled at you. Not one of those smirks that guys give girls when they want to take them home. And honest to goodness, heartwarming smile. You smile back at him.

"Thank you," you say.

"My name is Chris," he said and extended his hand to you.

"(Y/N)," you say and shake his hand.

"I would ask you if you want to sit down, but since you're paying I'm guessing that you're leaving."

"Yeah. I was stood up," you say. "I'd rather not sit here like a loser and wait for someone who's not coming. We could still walk if you want to."

"I'd like that."

You smile at Chris and the two of you walk off down the road. You didn't want to return to your apartment because you knew your friend would question you for being back so soon and would ridicule you for the internet date, which she wasn't on board with to begin with.

You and Chris just walk in silence for a moment, but it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence. You were looking down at the sidewalk when Chris spoke.

"Your voice is beautiful, by the way," he said. "Your singing voice, I mean. It is really beautiful."

"Thank you," you say with a smile.

"No problem," he replied. "So, um, what was that song anyways? I think I've heard it but I'm not sure."

"It's called Seasons of Love. It's from Rent. It's one of my favorite musicals. I'm kind of a Broadway geek. I'm in love with Broadway. I know Glee covered it for their tribute episode to Cory Monteith, so maybe that's where you heard it or something." You shrug. "It's an amazing song in my opinion."

"It sounds great. I'm gonna have to go listen to it when I go home."

"It's amazing. I know there's a version with Idina Menzel from the movie."

"You mean Adele Dazeem?"

You both laugh at this. There's more silence. You look back down at the sidewalk awkwardly. You were a very awkward person.

"I know you're Chris Evans by the way," you blurt. "I'm not much of a Marvel fan or anything, but I've seen some of your movies. My favorite is Snowpiercer."

Chris smiled. "You're a smart cookie, aren't you? Well, I knew I couldn't hide forever. There's always someone who recognizes you."

"I seen an interview with you and Chris Hemsworth where you said people don't recognize you with your beard. It should be easy for you to go incognito then."

"Yeah, but there's always fans that've seen movies like Puncture or Snowpiercer, so," he shrugs. "But whatever. What's an actor without his fans?"

"A failing actor."

You both laugh again. You notice that you unconsciously walked to your apartment.

"This is me," you say. "Thanks for walking with me."

"No problem. I hope I can see you more often."

You smile and say, "I'd like that."

You and Chris exchange numbers. Months later, you're dating. Years later, your married. And your first dance song at your wedding was Seasons of Love from Rent, the first song Chris ever heard you sing.