#64. Let It Rain » Chris

Chris ran ahead of me, Dodger running at full speed to chase him and barking happily at him. I chuckled and shook my head at the two.

After many long years of filming, press tours, and Broadway shows, Chris finally had a well deserved break. It was early July and Chris had promised he would not be going back to work until the new year, even though I told him he could take more movie and TV and Broadway roles if he really wanted.

"I want to spend time with you, Evvy" he insisted. "It's been far too long, honey. I miss you."

So here you two were, after a few days of just relaxing at home, starting to make the most of our 6 month break. And to start, we decided to take Dodger out for a well needed walk and play session at the local dog park.

"You're so slow!" Chris called to me as he reached the dog park before I did.

"Sorry I didn't go to the gym constantly for the past 7 years to play a super-solider in a mega superhero franchise," I joked after getting close enough that I didn't need to yell across the park. The last thing we needed was to be mobbed by fans. "I like sitting at home on the couch eating Oreos and pizza and watching Netflix. Not running."

Chris laughed and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. "We'll fix that soon enough."

"No way!" I protested, but my words were muffled in his shirt.

Chris let me go and continued to play with Dodger. I sat on a nearby bench and watched as Chris chased Dodger around, and vise versa, and as Chris threw Dodger's ball, or a stick or whatever Dodger felt like fetching. I watched as he smiled and laughed and just genuinely had a great time with his dog.

I couldn't help but smile to myself. I had really missed Chris the past year or so, and just being here and watching Chris having a great time made me happy. I honestly could not wait to have him home with me these next few months, or whatever he had in mind for our break.

The air suddenly turned cold and I pulled my sweater around me. Chris didn't seem bothered by the sudden weather change as he was still chasing and playing with Dodger.

"Hey Chris?" I called.

He paused mid ball throw, his arm hanging over his head as Dodger waited patiently for it to be thrown. "Yeah Evelyn?"

"Do you think it just got kind of cold?"

Dodger barked and Chris threw the ball. He turned to me and started walking towards me.

"What did you say, babe?" he asked.

Before I could repeat my question, I felt something hit my head. I looked up to see that many grey clouds had filled the previously clear, blue sky. I flinched as a rain drop hit my nose, close to my eyes, and looked back at Chris. I opened my mouth to speak again, but was once again cut off by a sudden downpour.

"Ah shit," Chris cursed. "Dodger! Come here buddy!"

Dodger was too busy trying to hog both the ball and the stick Chris had been throwing earlier to listen to Chris' calls. Chris groaned and ran over to his dog while I quickly took shelter under a nearby tree. It wasn't the best shelter, as I could still feel the rain coming through the leaves and the branches, but it was better than standing out in the rain.

I was already drenched and I was suddenly regretting our decision of walking so far away from home.

Chris finally got Dodger's attention and was running back towards me, with the excited and also drenched dog in tow.

"I didn't think it was going to rain today," he told me with an apologetic look on his face. "I'm sorry, Evvy."

"Don't be sorry," I told him as I wrapped my arms around his wet torso. "It doesn't ruin anything. Dodger is still enjoying his time."

We both looked at Dodger, who was now rolling around in the wet grass. Chris laughed and shook his head.

"We're gonna have to give him a bath. He's going to be covered in grass."

I smiled and rested my head against Chris' chest, ignoring the fact that his shirt was sticking to my ear with the wetness. We both watched the rain, waiting for it to maybe slack off a little bit before we started walking home.

The air was starting to get warm again, but the rain wasn't letting up. But the warmth made the rain nicer.

I looked up at Chris and found that he was already looking down at me. I smiled and he smiled back. I felt so warm inside just seeing him smile. Chris was honestly just the guy of my dreams, and days like this made me wonder how I got so lucky to have him in my life.

I pulled away from Chris' embrace to cup his face in my hands and to kiss him. His arms automatically moved to hold my lower back as we just stood there, the rain falling down around us, and just kissing. It was just true bliss, I honestly could not feel happier.

After just kissing for a long while, I pulled away first. Chris rested his forehead against mine and smiled down at me. The butterflies starting stirring around in my stomach and I suddenly felt like I was a teenager on my first date all over again.

"That was so cliche," I said first, causing Chris and I to burst out laughing.

"It was," he said. "But cliche is good sometimes."

I smiled and kissed him one more time.

"Alright," Chris said, finally detaching himself from me. "Let's get Dodger and head home. He's almost greener than Ruffalo after CGI."

I TRIED LOOKING FOR THE PERSON WHO REQUESTED THIS BUT I COULDN'T FIND HER BECAUSE EITHER SHE DELETED HER ACCOUNT OR SHE CHANGED HER USERNAME AND I CAN'T FIND THE COMMENT OR THE MESSAGE THEY SENT ME SO TO THE PERSON WHO REQUESTED THIS, I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG AND I HONESTLY HOPE YOU SEE THIS AND YOU KNOW I DIDN'T JUST FORGET YOUR REQUEST I JUST HAD ZERO INSPIRATION AND I TRIED TO WRITE IT SO MANY TIMES BUT EVERY TIME IT WAS JUST SO BAD BUT HERE IT IS AND I HOPE YOU SEE IT AND AGAIN I AM SORRY!