Chapter 5

"It's the clown and his circus

"It's the clown and his circus.." Vin scowled and glared at them.

Jace came up to you and Duke.

"Are you two alright?"

"I'm alright, Duke?"

You turn to Duke and tilt your head at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine.. you're the one who got hit."

You looked away from him and pointed your attention back to Vasco and Vin.

"I'm alright, but they really don't need to fight because of this..."

Vasco was squaring up at Vin, and Vin was talking shit to Vasco.

Vasco was more than ready to take Vin up on all the threats he talked, but ultimately, Vin was already discouraged from your earlier interaction. So despite how pissed off he was, he mumbled one last curse and stormed off.

It was akin to seeing a toddler stomp off after being told they can't have something.

You took a moment to asses yourself. Your shoulders, chest, and upper back were soaked in a sugary drink that would most certainly dry up and become sticky and uncomfortable in a matter of minutes.

"We can lend you some spare clothes we have in our department, be warned they may not be pretty."

"I would appreciate that, thank you."

Vasco came up to you and put a hand on your shoulder while looking you in the eyes.

"If he bothers you again, let me know."

You looked surprised for a moment, then quickly regained yourself.

"That won't be a problem, non the less, let me repay you sometime."

"Maybe..."

"My names [y/n] by the way."

You and Vasco talked for what felt like the whole way there. You weren't one to judge appearances, but Vasco was much better and more mannered than he looked. His kind personality made him easy to talk to, so that's why you didn't stop. But you could understand why others stayed away from him because of his intimidating look. Maybe that's why Jace and the burn knuckles accompanying you looked at you strangely.

Does he not talk to many girls?

You could practically feel their eyes burning into your skull.

Although Duke split off from the group at one point because he already had spare clothes on hand, that making it just you and them walking to the architecture dept.

"So what brought you near the vocal and dance dept. In the first place. Our classes are pretty far from one another."

Vasco visibly got uncomfortable, and Jace answered you without hesitation.

"The bathrooms on our side got locked up, so we used yours instead."

Jace noticed Vascos demeanor and quickly changed the subject.

"Anyway, we're here."

How was it possible that human beings  could possibly stand this atmosphere?

A horrible stench was seeping through the cracks in the door and was practically reaching in your direction, searching for its next victim.

"I think I'll stay out here, if you wouldn't mind grabbing the clothes for me.."

It got even weirder when they opened the door and revealed pretty much a whole gym on the inside and people sweating everywhere.

"You sure?"

Jace seemed genuinely confused as to why you weren't jumping at the opportunity.

"Yeah..."

These were the events that led you to wearing a worn-out white tank top for the rest of the day and just barely avoiding dress code violations.

_______________________________________

------

"How's it going?"

--

"What is it?"

------

"It's been a while. How's everything for you?"

--

"There's nothing special."

------

"That's good."

"You should visit soon."

"We've never even met personally, yet I've been giving you so much funds."

--

"I'm not making any promises."

_______________________________________

-------------------

Started: July 24th, 2023
Finished: July, 27th, 2023

What does the snapdragon represent?

Do you wish to continue?