Chapter 85

"woah

"woah..."

"This is serious."

You stared at the two in sheer disappointment. When you looked over you saw the dean doing the same. He was probably going to get in trouble for this, but then again there was nothing he could do to intervene without getting his own ass kicked.

You watched as Vasco delivered a right hook, which Daniel dodged and tried to spin around to hit Vasco with his elbow. Vasco dodged and just barely clipped Daniels nose with his fist and made it bleed.

Daniel tried to hit him with a Brazilian kick but Vasco blocked it.

They were dead equal.

But just as they were about to charge at each other for another exchange of blows, a guy with long and wavy black hair intervened.

In a matter of seconds he was able to redirect their fists unharmed and end up with his arms slung over either one's shoulders.

"Okay, enough." He was so nonchalant.

You vividly remembered him from the festival. He was an upperclassman in the fashion department. You vaguely recall him modelling in ridiculous outfits.

"Don't fight, get along." He scolded them.

"Cho Ma?.." you heard Zack mumble in surprise.

It was made even more obvious that he was a sophomore based on his red tie.

Cho Ma was a mystery to you, along with his counterpart fashion designer. He was rumored to be antisocial, barely participating in anything.

It was an enigma to you on how he was able to do it so swiftly, stop their fight that is.

"Don't start anything." He turned his back to everyone and started walking out, waving his hand at the two boys. "It bugs the seniors."

Everyone went back to normal as you watched the two sophomores argue.

"Wanna die?! Why'd you push me?" He grabbed the shorter one by the collar of his uniform.

"But you did great..." He looked to the side with a plain expression.

Your watchful eye to their comical scene didn't go unnoticed by the shorter one.

He looked back at you and just like that you averted your attention.

It wasn't worth getting involved with them. As far as you knew, they weren't anything special.

"Okay Vasco.." Jace immediately used the opportunity to grab Vasco and hold him back. "He's drunk now."

Vasco didn't stop there.

"I'll see you later Daniel." He pointed at him with a stern face. "Just you wait."

You looked at Daniel as Vasco got dragged away. He was so out of it.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" You asked him lightly, trying not to alert him.

He looked like he was about to fall over.

He seemed like he was about to respond to you, that was until he almost fell over once he looked past you.

He raced to Crystal and smiled at her brightly.

You deadpanned.

"Crystal." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Can we eat together?"

You looked at Crystal but also the guy next to her. Eli seemed to be talking to her before Daniel interrupted.

You were all shocked when Crystal slammed her hands on the table she was sitting at and walked away. Daniel chased after her.

You and Eli were left dumbfounded.

"Eli♪" a sickly sweet voice came out of nowhere.

"Tell me your number.."

"We've known each other for a year now."

"What're you doing after school?"

Girls started popping up left and right.

You wasted no time removing yourself from the circle of lost hope.

You started walking in the direction that Crystal and Daniel fled to.

He already caused a lot of trouble. He was lucky that the dean had targeted Vasco more since he was already familiar with him. But his luck will run out one of these days for sure. He was a good guy at heart, so you didn't want to see him get hurt. But he was making it more difficult for you to help him.

"[Y/n]!"

You stopped and turned to look at the person calling your name.

Her auburn hair bounced on her shoulders while she slightly sat up in her seat to get a better look at you. When your eyes met she waved slightly at you while smiling.

You froze as memories of the previous day flooded you. In all honesty you felt a small wave of embarrassment for your sudden display of strong emotions.

Having her feel like she was obligated to comfort and look out for you just because you shed a tear or two, at least that's how you saw it.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you caught a glimpse of someone brushing against your shoulder while passing by.

"Sorry.." Eli looked back at you for a moment before exiting the building. He seemed to be after the two who you were planning to catch up to.

If he's there then it should be okay.. of course you knew little about him. But maybe you just wanted an excuse to be lifted from that burden.

You couldn't help the little smile that danced on your lips as you glanced back at Mira to find her still expecting you.

She was only sitting with Zack, Doo and the other two, so it should be fun.

Plus, how could you refuse the invite when she was the one offering?

---------------

Started: April 4th, 2024
Finished: April 5th, 2024

Failed at making whipped coffee, I've made it good before but that was years ago. Maybe it was because i tried making a lot this time. Not only that but I found out that my milk was 2 days expired so it would've been for nothing anyway.

Sometimes we try to be prepared for the future then be distraught when we fail, only to realize there was no point in trying in the first place because it never would've worked out regardless.

This isn't about whipped coffee btw.

Would you like to continue?