Chapter 86

For some reason you ended up being wedged in-between both Zack and Mira rather than sitting on the end with her

Mira was asking as to what Daniel had gotten himself into, suspecting that you might know more. Zack was keeping to himself and eating his plate while the other three talked amongst themselves.

"Do you think Daniel is going to be okay?" Mira worriedly spoke out loud.

She obviously already knew what kind of state he was in considering they had the same class and although she didn't intervene herself she still considered him somewhat a friend.

"It's out of my control now." You said blatantly. While you were going to go after him moments earlier, it was proving to be more and more futile. "If he gets into more trouble then I'll take responsibility."

You sighed and leaned back in your seat.

"Why?" Zack suddenly asked.

He didn't even bother looking your way as he was still picking at his food.

"What do you mean?" You asked him.

He glanced past you slightly, making sure Mira was distracted.

"Why do you feel the need to take responsibility for him?"

He must've seen how you tried to stand up for him against the dean earlier, possibly causing you to be in a lot more trouble than Daniel himself if it had gone any worse.

"He's intoxicated, and I'm his friend." You looked at him suspiciously. "It's what I should do, right?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's not just with your friends though." He said with a full mouth of food. "You tend to take the fault for most people's mistakes when it comes in handy."

You scoffed a bit. It was kind of interesting that he suddenly mentioned this out of the blue.

"And how would it come in handy this time?" You smiled playfully as you saw him become a bit irritated at the complex questioning. "That sounds a bit counter intuitive to willingly be caught by the dean."

"But you weren't." He stated plainly. "And you had a set lie in order to ensure it."

You looked at him, unsure of what he was getting at.

"Forget it." He stood up with an empty tray in hand while looking down on you with a plain expression.

"Mira! want anything while I'm up?" He smiled joyfully with closed eyes.

What a prick.. your eye twitched as you watched him go fetch Mira a drink from the vending machines.

Mira was telling you about her day while you just listened. You didn't have anything in particular to say to her, not since the other day.