Chapter 66

It was the first day back to regular school and a slow day at that

It was the first day back to regular school and a slow day at that. School is a weird thing, the repetition of each passing day made reality seem more like a lucid dream rather than what it was.

That's how you were feeling right about now.

The sun's glaring heat being the only thing reminding you of the world in which you were still present. You wanted to grab a bite to eat so you decided to stop by the convenience store that little Daniel worked at. Although, it was still day time so he wasn't on the clock yet.

"Hey!!! Why are you hitting a dog?" You heard a girl's voice, it was familiar.

You froze and looked around, trying to find where the voice came from.

"Lol. That dog is always there, haha. Get close and it bites." You knew who that was.

It didn't take long for you to turn a corner and come up on the scene.

"What are you doing here without Zack?" Mary asked Doo with a scowl on her face.

"I dunno, but he's annoying." Doo grinned.

You came up behind them slowly and observed what was happening.

"What're you doing?" You asked as you saw Vin flicking cigarette ashes on the malnourished dog's snout.

"Oh, hi [y/n]." Mary greeted as she stepped aside to let you through.

"Why are you here?" Doo grimaced as he stepped towards you.

You didn't give him the time of day as you went up to Vin and snatched the cigarette from his fingers, throwing it to the ground and scraping it against the pavement with the sole of your shoes.

"Holy fuck, you're such a pain in the ass." Vin glared you down, immediately recognizing who you were.

"Seriously? A dog?" You took a moment to gesture to the dog that was now behind you. "That's a new low." You stated plainly.

He sucked his teeth and did what you could only assume was roll his eyes.

"We're only having some fun, push off." He stuck his hands in his pockets and looked down on you.

At this point it was a usual occurrence for you to intervene in things like this, despite his earlier threats. You were never stupid enough to take him up on a physical altercation, instead you just kind of glared at each other until the other got bored.

Vin would hate to admit it but he didn't want to bother. He often referred to you as a 'psycho bitch', a nickname he used since the first time he hit you but it didn't affect you.

But he hated this, he hated that you didn't respond the way he wanted you to. If you didn't care when he hit you, then he would just have to get you to react another way.

"Go home Vin." You didn't want to stand there all day. You didn't expect him to listen to you either though.

And within the blink of an eye he moved directly past you and clenched his fist towards the helpless pup.

"Bastard-" you turned around as fast as you could to try and stop him.

"Don't!"

When you turned you saw a shorter girl, she was standing with her arms wide out.

You looked at her confused, not knowing who she was.

"Why are you bothering the dog?" She shouted at him while maintaining her defense.

Doo seemed to be in deep thought until he suddenly pointed something out.

"Ah! It's the transfer student!" He smiled widely.

"She's in your class?" Mary asked.

Vin frowned deeply. He raised his head and looked further down on the girl.

"Hey.. who are you?" He said with hatred in his voice. "You look smelly."

"Move." He warned her.

"He said she looks smelly, hah!" You heard Doo cackling and sent him a glare.

You went to stand beside her and be just enough ahead of her to block Vin if he did try anything.

"She reminds me of Duke Pyeon.." he said with disgust. "I hit girls when they are ugly."

"Crystal, [y/n]?" You heard someone say.

Your eyes widened as you looked around.

Crystal?? Is she here? You became confused.

"What's wrong?" Daniel came forward as he dropped his bag on the ground.

You looked to your side as you noticed he was referring to the girl that had stepped in.

"Crystal?" You looked down at her and she looked back at you, confirming your suspicion.

Crystal looked at you almost alarmed.

"Yes?" She asked.

Before you could take it back Daniel had already started again.

"Do you have a problem with them?" As the words left Daniels mouth Doo and Vin backed away with scowls on their faces.

Daniel and Vin had a bit of back and forth, so while they were preoccupied you turned your attention towards the dog. You wanted to check it for injuries, but it didn't let you get close.

You remember passing through here before and the dog biting you, so you didn't want to test your luck again.

But the girl who you had just found out coincidentally had the same name as Charles Choi's daughter, was a bit more fearless than you.

She bent down right in front of the dog, even though the dog was readily taking a bite out her arm.

Regardless, she smiled endearingly and talked to the dog with sweet words.

Before you knew it Vin, Mary, and Doo were gone. The dog had a few marks on it but as far as you could tell there weren't any injuries that needed medical attention. The dog just looked tired, and hungry.

Unfortunately you didn't get the chance to get to know more about Crystal, she apparently had something very important she needed to attend to.

You wanted to let it go, it's not like Crystal was the rarest name ever after all. Plus it's just like how you already know two people named Daniel.

Plus, you would be able to see her more thanks to the fact that you both attend the same school, just different classes.

You were impressed with how she handled the situation, being able to put another's safety above her own and how she cared for the dog despite it actively wanting to hurt her.

She seemed like a really good person.

-------------

Started: January 27th, 2024
Finished: January 30th, 2024

Nicki fans need to be humbled bro. Leaking ppls location just because they don't like your favorite music artist? Ignoring the fact that Nicki is not only married to a sex offender but also defends her brother who is a rapist...

Would you like to continue?