Chapter 44

You were skipping school again

You were skipping school again. You had important things to handle, it was inevitable. the day was going by fast too.

You had already managed to secure your deal with that old guy and clear out the place, now you just had to hire some guys to clean it up and then install your own touch.

Perfect. You thought.

But you had a lot on your mind.

Tomorrow afternoon Tom and his people were going to carry out your request, this is what you wanted but at the same time you needed to deal with certain backlash that will happen after the job is done.

But all is in due time, with the reward they'll receive you should be on the clear for a good while, at least that's what you were betting on.

And then by next month you'll be receiving double the income from taking that new place along with what you had already owned.

It was too perfect to not take, it wasn't in Eugene's reach but it was also in a decent location. Just what was safest for you at the moment.

Speaking of Eugene..

You were supposed to call him today regarding something he wanted you to do for him. Mandeok had contacted you early in the morning to let you know.

You took out your phone and stared at the contact number for a good minute.

Did you want to? No. Did you feel like you had any choice? No.

Ring..

Ring..

CLICK-

"that was faster than usual." You said quietly as you held the phone up to your ear and walked through the streets.

It was the afternoon already, but it wasn't too late out so it wasn't as dangerous yet.

"[Y/n], what have you got planned for tomorrow?" He asked.

You didn't find the question strange, in fact, you were anticipating it.

"I don't know.. a few things here and there." You didn't bother thinking of anything important.

You looked ahead to the familiar convenience store and smiled, thinking you'd probably pick up a few items for dinner.

"Well, cancel it. Tomorrow you'll go to the port of Busan, there's a shipment arriving there." He said sternly then continued "it's from your father, a gift for the second affiliate."

"I had no idea.. why wasn't I told about this sooner?" You smiled, but made sure it didn't show as you talked.

"That's not relevant. Anyway, I need you to make sure eit arrives safely. And make sure to corropurate with the workers, and bring your badge for identification."

There was nothing left to discuss as you greeted the boy behind the counter, the familiar face waved back and smiled at you, not saying anything as he could see you were on the phone.

"I'll be there, don't worry." You told him as you looked through the aisles.

My badge should still be in one of the drawers of my apartment..

You always hid it out of sight in case Mira came over suddenly. Not like she would know what it meant anyway. But you felt the need to be cautious regardless.

You heard some shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"I'll have to let you go now." He said quickly as he hung up.

You sighed contently as you were able to put your phone away.

Seems like I'll have front row tickets..

You were smiling as you thought.

You went to look at the cold food section, thinking maybe you would get a couple sandwiches or bags of chips.

Then you heard the convenience store ding as a couple walked through the door.

" Aren't you cold? It is September." The girl said as she crossed her arms around her chest.

"Men don't feel cold." Her boyfriend replied.

You didn't bother looking at them, though they were quite loud.

But after a little time went on they got a little louder.

"What the hell are you looking at? Never seen those? This pig is pissing me off!"

As the girl said this you finally turned to look at them. you didn't recognize her face though, not her boyfriends either.

It looks like they're just buying condoms.

You didn't see anything wrong until you noticed Daniels face, he looked shocked for whatever reason.

"Right?! You're annoyed. Let's not buy them! I'd prefer not to.." her boyfriend had a shitty smile on his face.

"I don't give a fuck!" Is what she said back, obviously embarrassed.

That's when they both took turns continuing to insult Daniel, so you decided you should at least try to help him.

But then the guy started trying to swing at Daniel, and you weren't fast enough to try and help.

"Hey!"

All of you turned to look at the doors as a guy your age walked through.

Zack?

You sighed in relief, you didn't want to have to deal with this alone to begin with.

"Just a sec.. uhmm" he seemed to be hesitating too.

"Who the hell are you!?" Her boyfriend yelled at Zack.

"Babe.. he's in my class."

She goes to our school?

Each minute got more confusing for you.

Zack looked around and eventually met eyes with you.

You both read each other's minds.

He was confused and you were asking him to do something about the tough guy and his peacock.

"..hey, can you not hit him? I owe him something.." Zack smiled awkwardly.

--------------

Started: November 13th, 2023
Finished: November 18th, 2023

happy thanksgiving break 🔪🦃

Would you like to continue?