Chapter 74

You had practically visited every vacant home in Seoul

You had practically visited every vacant home in Seoul. None of them were willing to let you rent.

Money wasn't the issue. He hadn't froze your bank cards and even if he did you still had your own sources of income that he wasn't aware of.

But every owner that you talked to wasn't willing to risk violating the law by letting a minor have residency by themselves.

You thought about using the bar as a temporary home, utilizing the faculty office as a temporary bedroom until you get situated, but the thought of having to hear the ruckus of dozens of drunkards every night was less than appealing.

And you were still renovating that karaoke bar you bought a couple of months ago.

Albeit, none of them were in your name. Since it's illegal for minors to use and sell alcohol, you had to forge your father's name on certain documents, you thought about using the same method for getting a new home but it wasn't going to be as easy.

Since your address is used for everything it would be way too easy for cops to figure it out.

So you pulled out your phone and dialed the next best thing.

"You what?" She asked, obviously shocked from what she just heard.

You gave her a couple more seconds before repeating what you had just told her.

"I ran away from home." You were slightly embarrassed having been made to say it twice now.

This was a reach. Even though you and Mira were friends it was still unlikely she would take you in.

"Did you and your dad fight?" The shock was still hitting her, but she wanted to make sense of what she had heard. "Maybe you two should make up.."

You knew she would say something like this.

"It isn't that easy." You tried to gain some sympathy. "He's a difficult person."

"He won't give up until he gets his way, it's not as easy as talking it out."

"..." She was thinking deeply. She didn't want you to be on your own, but she knew this wasn't right.

"I understand if you say no." You wanted to try to take some pressure off of her. "There are other places I can stay, so don't fret too much, okay?"

"Wait, you can stay at my place for now." She suddenly decided.

You couldn't lie, you were relieved she was going to let you.

"But make sure you get here before it gets dark." She warned you.

She seemed worried for your safety so you tried to ease her mind before she got carried away.

"Right, don't worry about me." You practically brushed off her concerns.

But she wasn't going to let you get away with that this time.

"I'm serious [Y/n]. Especially with what happened the other day." She said with a stern voice.

You make a confused face.

"What do you mean?" You held the phone closer to your ear.

"What? You didn't hear?" She said it surprised, like it was common knowledge. "The police found a dead body of a girl our age near Jangchungdan park."

You went completely still, your eyes became dark and your blood ran cold.

"They ruled it as a homicide this morning.." she continued to try and warn you. "I don't want to be alone.. and I don't want you to be out late either, so please take this seriously."

She pleaded with you. She knew you as a person who never took their own life seriously compared to others, so she felt particularly concerned for your safety upon hearing the news. And now she learns you ran away, which didn't help.

"I'm on my way." You tried to comfort her, but you couldn't stop how flat your voice came out.

This revelation brought new priorities. You were going to have to do some research on the case and see what the details were.

"Don't go anywhere until I get there, okay?" You were more urgent. It was obvious she picked up on this considering the surprise she emanated with her next words.

"Alright." She almost stuttered as she was hesitant.

You then told her to just trust you and that you would be there very soon. She said okay and hung up soon after.

She almost wanted to know why you were so worried. Even with the given situation, you seemed more concerned for her even though you were the one out and she was in the safety of her own home. Like you knew something that she didn't.

-------------

Started: February, 24th, 2024
Finished: February 26th, 2024

Schools need to be more lenient for absences. So what if I miss a lot? I still have better grades than the ppl who are there everyday.

Also, I promise the next few chapters will be longer.

Would you like to continue?