Chapter 46

"Yui won't be bothering Daniel anymore, but if she does then let me know

"Yui won't be bothering Daniel anymore, but if she does then let me know." You said while holding the phone up to your ear, walking through the streets.

You were a bit on edge since it was so dark out.

"Really?!" Zoe said enthusiastically.

You decided that it'd be best to call and tell her now then have her confront you about it.

"Happy now?" You were unimpressed.

"I'll pay you back somehow.." she seemed bashful.

But all of a sudden she seemed quiet.

"Something the matter?" You asked.

She just laughed awkwardly and brushed it off.

"It's nothing, I'm taking out the trash. It's just dark."

She was obviously just as on edge as you.

You thought for a moment then sighed.

"I can stay on the phone with you if you'd like.."

"Yes! I mean.. thank you." She was happy, and you couldn't help but smile.

Honestly staying on the phone helped out your mind too, so it was a win-win.

"Oh yeah.. you weren't at school today right? Why?"

This question again...

"Yeah, I was feeling tired." You made it sound lighthearted but really you were trying not to grit your teeth.

Is this going to become a recurring problem each time I miss school?

"That's a lame excuse.." she didn't really mean anything by it, just talking.

You laughed her off.

"Hey, you said you just left that one store right?"

"Hm? Yeah." You were confused.

"I live close by, want to come over?" She seemed excited.

Although you were taken back by her request. You two were never really that close.

"What do you really want?" You were suspicious.

But now you weren't walking as fast, just in case she did have a good reason.

"Well.. you see I've just been feeling very paranoid.." her voice was low and quiet, she was probably still outside of her house right now. "I just don't want to be alone."

You were curious now.

"Paranoid how?" You asked for more.

She seemed hesitant to answer but did anyway.

"A lot of my stuff has been going missing, like my.. underwear.." you could practically hear her head explode.

"You didn't just misplace them?" You asked  not bothered.