Chapter 38

You were still stuck on what Vin said

"Snake"

What is it that he means by that exactly?

You couldn't wrap your head around it. And as for how you were going to handle his little threat, you still weren't sure.

Maybe you would just leave it up to chance. it's not like you had any concrete proof that he would go through with anything. And if that's the case then even if you tried to get help, Eugene would just brush you off.

So you were just going to carry on as normal. This made you realize that if you did reveal Vin's secret it would only hurt you. Because that would mean Vin would have nothing to lose and would only make him more dangerous.

And that was probably half of what he was trying to get across to you.

But you had to move on, this blunder couldn't bother you as much as it was because you still had other things to do.

You were steadily walking back to where the concert was, it was quite cold and you wanted to hurry so you could go home sooner.

But just before you could even get through the crowd someone caught your attention.

"Duke..?" You tried to look closer and was able to make out more of his features.

"Duke!" He didn't seem to notice you, or he didn't want your attention.

He just kept walking away from you.

What happened to him??

You were debating whether to go after him.

It seems like he wants to be alone...

So you backed off and just watched as he disappeared. But this made you more curious as you tried to look around for Daniel.

It was loud, girls were screaming for his gaze and people were still cheering for him, but not for Duke.

And that's when you spotted him, he was with a contractor, albeit he seemed very uncomfortable.

"Daniel!" He looked at you and smiled.

"I've been looking for you, you and Duke did great." You patted his shoulder and turned him away from the contractors. In a way you were trying to save him.

"But.. where did Duke.." Daniel looked around for a moment, worried.

"Don't worry about it, Duke's tough as hell, he'll be alright." You were trying to reassure yourself too. People are brutal and cruel. There's no way their words would have not affected him at all.

I'll check on him tonight.

But you didn't want Daniel to be distracted right now.

It was already dark out so you were focused on saying your goodbyes and leaving, you had already finished your main objective.